The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
In 2003, following the start of foreign military operations in Iraq, DRC became one of the first organisations to provide humanitarian assistance in the country, and now operates in 11 governorates, including Anbar, Baghdad, Babel, Diyala, Duhok, Erbil,Sulaimanyah, Karbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din. rbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din.
About the job
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for procurement of program goods, services and works and supporting improvements in procurement functions. The position reports on procurement information to the Supply Chain Manager regularly.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Procure all materials and equipment ordered by the projects in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC and donor specific policies, in collaboration with the SC Manager.
- Assist in liaising with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Ensure that all Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, RFQ and ITBs are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt.
- Regularly review, update and share the information management databases and trackers to the SC Manager.
- Prepare the RFQ and ITB relevant documents, as well as TOC (tender) reports for procurement & tender committee review.
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods, services and works and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
- Maintain and update suppliers list using the Supplier Profile and Registration Form.
- Participate and facilitate the supplier pre-qualification process
- Assist in the strategic sourcing for frequently purchased items to ensure framework agreements with the suppliers and service providers are in place
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to DRC and donor procurement policies, filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable by auditors
- Ensure purchased assets are registered in the inventory database and liaise with the Assets department
- Prepare and submit payments of suppliers to finance on a timely manner
- Screen the suppliers in anti-terrorism databases
- Ensure the non-winning suppliers receive notification from DRC about the status of their bids
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organizations
- Minimum 2 years of experience in procurement
- Understanding of the local market, local legislation related to contracts, suppliers, contractors and customs clearance, business registration requirements and tax regulations
- Understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors;
- Very good skills MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point
- Very good interpersonal and team skills;
- Knowledge of procurement principles and contract management;
- Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 26-June-2019
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo