Job InformationJob Information
New!Translator & Admin Assistant NGO Information
NGO Name Nonviolent Peaceforce
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Working Hours Part Time
Minimum Education Bachelor Degree
Minimum Experience 2 Year
Required TravelJob Status
No Of Jobs 1
Published Date 2021-10-14
Deadline Date 2021-10-27Location
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Commitment to NP Principles
- Demonstrate a commitment to NP’s mandate and principles
- Maintain a positive image of the organization full time while communicating with external actors, staff, or operating in the field.
Translation and Interpretation:
- Translate documents from English and Arabic, and Arabic to English essential (letters, meeting minutes, emails, programmatic reports, messages between staff, etc.).
- Translate documents between English and Kurdish, and vice versa, desired.
- Act as a face-to-face interpreter as well as during telephone calls or other communications between NP staff, the community, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of translated documents before submission.
- Ensure accuracy of the terms and terminology used in the documents.
- Ensure that the translation is written with style, correct grammar, and spelling.
- Participate in the development of material necessary to improve the quality of NP activities.
- Perform any other work duties assigned by the translator’s line manager.
- Assist with advertising and tracking of tender processes
- Ensure personnel files are complete and assure adherence to the highest level of confidentiality.
- Main staff contact lists.
- Assist HR and Administration Manager with general support to HR functions.
- Make visits to field teams to provide on-site administrative support if required.
- Provide general support to other departments as requested by Line Manager
- Any other task as reasonably requested by the line manager.
How To Apply
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
- Minimum 2-year experience in working as a translator and interpreter, preferably with an international NGO.
- Native knowledge of Arabic languages with excellent writing capacities are essential
- Excellent English language abilities (both verbal and written) essential
- Preference is given to applicants who also have excellent knowledge and translation ability in Kurdish languages.
- Proven skills in translation and interpretation from and into English and vice versa
- University degree in translation/ linguistics or administration preferred.
- Possession of independent Judgment/Analytical skills
- Ability to set priorities and solve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and work within a team
- Solutions focused, creative problem solver
- Ability to adjust to difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Fluency in Kurdish with an excellent level of written and spoken English and Arabic languages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook email
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a CV (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max. 1 page) via this link https://nonviolentpeaceforce.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=80 detailing your experience and how you qualify for the role. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 27th October 2021
- As part of the recruitment process, shortlisted candidates may be asked to complete a written assignment before participating in an interview.
- This position is open to nationals of Iraq only.