If you do not meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the section ‘Essential Qualifications & Experience’, please do not apply.
Please read the job description in full before applying.
Triangle Génération Humanitaire (TGH) is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) designing and implementing emergency, post-emergency and development programs since 1994. The programs fall within the fields of water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), civil engineering (Shelter), food security, rural development (Livelihood), socio-educational and psychosocial support (Protection). In 2019, its committed teams operate in 9 countries in Asia, Africa and Middle-East Region.
TGH has been working in KR-I since June 2013, providing WASH in schools, winterization distribution, cash for education, Case management and psychosocial support as well as livelihood activities to Syrian refugees and IDPs. Also, TGH has been working in the capacity building of the General Directorate of Social Care and Development (GDSCD, more commonly referred to as DoSA / Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA) in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I), the Social Protection Department in Ninewa and a National NGO in the Centre and South of Federal Iraq to strengthen the child protection case management systems.
The present project “Skills Development and Engagement of Young People (10-24 years) in Duhok” is to improve the social, economic and civic situation of vulnerable young boys and girls (10-24 years old) empowering them to become actors of a positive and sustainable social and economic change in Duhok governorate by developing their life, employability and entrepreneurship skills, supporting small businesses and engaging the young people in the youth engagement initiatives and decision-making.
JOB OBJECTIVE :
The Youth Development and Engagement Promoter as part of a Youth Development and Engagement team contributes to the strengthening of the capacity of youth and adolescents by developing young people’s life skills, employability, entrepreneurship, and digital skills, and promoting engagement and active citizenship. The Youth Development and Engagement Promoter will be responsible for organizing and conducting trainings and facilitating peer to peer discussions with youth, liaising with staff of youth centers and partners and supporting all other project activities in his/her location of work. He/She will be responsible of the correct implementation of project’s activities in the youth centers, ensuring the achievement of the expected results. He/she will be responsible for the timely and affective implementation of community based activities. Also he/she will be responsible of establish and maintain transparent, functional relationships with the target youth and their families. The YDE Promoter is under the supervision of the Empowerment and Engagement Officers and will work closely with Entrepreneurship/ employability Skills Development Officer and Coach working under this project.
The employee agrees to:
- Respect and abide by TGH’s Charter and internal regulations
- Respect and abide by her/his contract and Job Description
- Respect and abide by security rules put in place by the Security Focal Point.
- Respect and abide by TGH Code of Conduct
This job description will be regularly reviewed. Only a common and joint agreement between the employee and the employer shall lead to a modification of this it.
Tasks and responsibilities
Responsibility 1: Project Activities Design and Implementation
Task 1- Participate in the design and implementation of activities, in accordance with multiple objectives, activities and targets outlined within current donor proposals and in line with projects’ budget.
Task 2- Participate in needs assessments, awareness raising and information activities with the support of the officer and PM.
Task 3- Facilitate selection and registration of beneficiaries, according to set vulnerability criteria.
Task 4- Life Skills and Citizenship Education (LSCE):
Participate in the development of Life Skills training packages based on Life Skills and Citizenship Education (LSCE) of UNICEF
- Implementation of life skills trainings to youth and adolescents based on Life Skills and Citizenship Education (LSCE) of UNICEF:
- Ensure that Selection and registration of beneficiaries to the life skills trainings;
- Ensure the organization and facilitation of training sessions
- Ensure the quality of the training sessions by receiving timely, relevant and constructive feedback from youth on the quality of the trainings and identify solutions when needed.
Task 5- Community Events and Promotion of Youth Engagement:
- Participate in the creation of awareness raising campaigns on the importance of child rights, child labour, education, youth employment policies, protection policies, social cohesion and other related topics;
- Mobilize and work closely with youth, parents, key community member and stakeholders to support the project’s activities;
- Support the project team in updating the mapping of actors (stakeholders, local organizations, and youth centers) implementing youth development programs in the area of the project activities;
- Be responsible for assisting in all community based initiatives of the project such as awareness raising sessions, focused group discussions, spread of key messages, youth led initiatives working with IDPs, the host and refugee community in Duhok governorate;
- Be responsible for involving youth, community members and key stakeholders in awareness raising activities, youth led initiatives and special events;
- Assist with the planning and organization of tailored awareness raising sessions, focused group discussions, youth led initiatives and special event in identified areas;
- Work with both the host and refugee community to promote a participatory approach in order to involve refugees and local representatives in the identification of needs and in the community based initiatives;
- Work with both the host and refugee community in developing a sense of community and strengthen community support systems
Task 6- Organization of Youth Development trainings such as employability, entrepreneurship, and digital skills trainings and other workshops.
Task 7- Support to skilled youths to enter the workforce through internships and/or employment and/or business mentorship activities (referrals, tailored projects, peer-to-peer activities)
Responsibility 2: Representation, Reporting and Documentation
Task 1- Collaborate effectively with authorities, youth centers, NGOs, and UNICEF.
Task 2- Ensure strong working relationships with youth centers to facilitate effective collaboration and communication.
Task 3- Participate in and/or organise relevant meetings with partners.
Task 4- Represent TGH actively, including at meetings with youth centers as requested, and provide detailed minutes of all attended meetings to the officer.
Task 5- Assist the project staff in conducting assessment and project analysis.
Task 6- Collect data and fill assessments forms.
Task 7- Provide detailed weekly activity reports
Task 8- Develop monthly/weekly activity plans
Task 9- Update the monitoring tools on a monthly basis and upon request by the officer.
Task 10- Ensure the correct implementation and regular update of all monitoring tools by the youth center staff.
Task 11- Participate in internal meetings and team workshops regarding the activities of the project, upon request by supervisors.
Task 12- Ensure the proper documentation of trainings and peer to peer sessions (pre- / post-test, attendance sheet, evaluation, reports).
Task 13- Ensure that all files are well-organized and secured and that all files are sent on time to officer.
Responsibility 3: Logistics and administration
Task 1- Provide and update the list of needs for his/her team to the officer.
Task 2- Ensure that the requests of the youth centers regarding materials and logistical issues are reported to the officer in a timely manner.
Task 3- Directly report any security issues to the officers and/or PM and ensure that security rules are endorsed and followed.
Task 4- Ensure the organization of trainings, meetings, peer to peer discussions, practice analysis sessions and workshops (collect quotations when needed, printing of the materials, availability of the equipment, booking of the meeting room and catering, liaison with hotel, payments, etc.)
Task 5- Prepare the weekly movement plan and share it with supervisor and Logistics Department.
Task 6- Translate resources and communication documents from Arabic/Kurdish to English and vice-versa
Responsibility 4: Participate in the development of new projects
Participate in the needs assessments for new projects, when requested.
This list is not exhaustive and other tasks may be requested as the supervisor may judge necessary.
- A minimum Bachelor degree in social work, pedagogy or other related field of studies
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant NGOs’ experience (working in the education and youth skills development);
- Experience in capacity building youth
- Experience of facilitating and conducting trainings
- Familiarity with the Ministry of Culture and Youth, Directorate of Youth and Youth Centers
- Familiarity with Humanitarian Principles, Protection Principles and internationally recognized minimum standards in Child Protection, in particular the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Self-motivated, strong team player
- Strong communication and social skills to establish relationships with different communities and authorities.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Office).
- Strong organizational and reporting skills.
- Very proactive, positive and flexible.
- Deeply motivated by and committed to humanitarian work.
- Readiness to travel in the governorate on a daily basis
Languages: Mandatory: Fluency in written and spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic
We require candidate with minimum Two Years Youth Skills Development and Education professional experience.
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
Please send your application (letter of motivation + CV in English with copy of Diplomas), and titled as
“Youth Development and Engagement Promoter- Duhok” to
no later than 28 October 2021.
** Based in Duhok (with regular travel to districts throughout the governorate)