Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland (MSF-H) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. To support its Medical activity in Laylan Camp COVID-19 response, MSF-H is currently looking for Infection Prevention And Control (IPC) Supervisor
Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF protocols, safety, and IPC measures, in order to ensure the quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers, and staff
• In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry, and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training, and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance
• Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet, and contact transmissible diseases when indicated. Based on a given patient-diagnosis, evaluating the need and supporting the implementation, if needed, for additional precautions in collaboration with the medical team and act accordingly
• Implementing as planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of handwashing stations, etc.) and together with the Hospital Facilities Manager and WHS Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
• Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants, and detergents.
• Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc.
• As a member of the Infection Control Committee, participating in and supporting the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan.
• Supervising the team under his/her responsibility and participating in the associated HR processes (e.g. recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development, and communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
• Reporting any irregularities to NAM or IPC managers or PMR and producing reports with information recommendations for the monthly medical reporting
Education: Nurse or midwife (or equivalent) diploma
- Preferable: Previous working experience working with MSF or other NGOs
- Experience in OT, Intensive Care Unit is an asset
Languages: Local languages, English is essential
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
How to Apply
Please send your application in English (CV, letter of motivation, and any relevant certificates in PDF or Word format only) to:
Or put it in the application box with the subject
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION:
Tuesday, July 7, at 4:30 PM