Polish Humanitarian Action is looking for an Access and Security Officer in Iraq
Position: Access and Logistics Officer
Location: Iraq – Mosul city with travel to the field and expected to other PAH mission offices in Iraq
Contract details: Permanent / Full-time (Up to end of December 2019, subject to renewal based on positive evaluation)
Starting date: ASAP
What PAH is about:
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization. For 25 years, we have been providing relief in emergencies worldwide. We also run missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character – have been carried out in 44 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH in Iraq:
We returned to Iraq at the end of 2016 to respond to the needs of the civilian population caused by the fighting in Mosul. In 2017 PAH reached in total 53 000 beneficiaries with emergency assistance in Mosul and Erbil Governorate. In 2018 PAH is focused on providing multipurpose cash assistance in Erbil and Dohuk Governorates and on wash rehabilitation activities in Ninewa Governorate
PAH’s current activities in Iraq include:
- swift reaction to humanitarian crisis in Iraq.
- improvement of quality of all actions, assuring more adequate humanitarian response, following humanitarian standards and requirements of local communities.
- response based on complementary programs and projects which are created in coordination with local authorities and local communities.
- support of Iraqi employees in improvement of personal potential and professional capacity.
Who PAH is looking for:
PAH in Iraq is looking for an Access and Security Officer who secures premises and personnel by monitoring surveillance the surronding context; inspecting buildings; permitting entry, build staff capacity and awarenees, provdide access to areas of operations.
The person will hold the following responsibilities:
- Assists the employees by providing information regarding security, as well as facilities, programs and services, in person, in writing and over the phone;
- Act as the focal point for access issues within Ninewa goveranorate, facilitating the operational response to incidents as they occur and following up on all aspects of access problems for staff, in particular civil-military coordination for access issues;
- Assists with training, planning and response to emergency situations;
- Provide access to the area of implementing programme activities;
- Responsible to issue and renew JCMC, JCCC, or any other access letters on request;
- Conduct security and risk assessments for areas of programme implementation;
- Provide support and trainings for field and operations staffs on regular basis,
- Develop mapping access for Ninawa governorate;
- Responsible to perform admin task as requested by the line manager
- Responsible to track all staff movement in coordination with trip team leader;
- Responsible to collect Driver logbook, attendance sheet and timesheet on monthly basis; and send them to Erbil main office.
- Prepare office needed list on monthly basis, raise a PR for logistics department;
- Develop and maintain an access strategy for PAH in Ninawa governorate;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Report on weekly basis, the context analysis, to Head of Operations;
- Performs related work, as required.
- A high diploma certificate in Risk Management, Security Control, or equivalent;
- At least two years of experiences in building security work and access control;
- At least one year of experience in INGO;
- Working knowledge of emergency first aid procedure;
- Capacity to quickly adapt to changes in operational and procedural needs;
- Ability to prioritize large and changeable workloads;
- Proficiency in the following computer programs: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook;
- Able to work independently and energetically;
- Excellent spoken and written of English, and Arabic, Kurdish is an asset;
- Facilitation and presentation skills;
- Good communication skills and be flexible;
- Familiar with all geographical areas of Ninawa governorate and able to analyse the context.
- Decisive yet flexible, able to assess and analyse situations quickly, objectively and prudently;
- Excellent reporting skills.
What PAH offers:
- Friendly and cooperative working atmosphere with development possibilities;
- A full-time contract for 5 months (with Possibility extension)
- Personal accidental insurance;
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your application form Here
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
-Reviewing the application CVs will be on a daily basis