Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Posts and maintains a variety of ledgers; enters income and expense data into computerized financial systems; proofs entries to verify accuracy and completeness; prepares and makes journal entries, balances accounts and prepares reports.
- Transfers totals from ledger accounts to routine financial statements; prepares journal vouchers and posts data from general ledger to
- monthly financial reports - Income & Expense Statement, Balance Sheet, Bank Reconciliation, Mileage, Self-Denial, Accounts Receivable and Payable Reports, etc.
- Prepares checks; processes vouchers received from local corrections centres; enters data; obtains authorized signatures on checks and distributes checks; prepares and files necessary back-up paperwork.
- Posts and maintains accounts payable ledger; receives, dates, stamps, obtains approval stamp, and codes all invoices; matches invoices with appropriate back-up paperwork and purchase order; enters data into the accounts payable system; runs reports weekly to determine bills that are due; enters cash payments into the computer; runs checks, records disbursements in all cash ledgers, and distributes checks.
- At least 3 years of accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Experience with non-profit organizations a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, time management, and prioritization skills
At least 2-year quick book experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must send their CV to email@example.com with a subject “Accountant in Duhok “
NOTE: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date may not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of technical
NOTE: due to the urgency of the position, we might close the announcement prior to the mentioned deadline.