Médecins sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Main Purpose of the position:
Controlling the daily cash/cheque/bank management, supporting the project accounting staff, overseeing and preparing the projects books in accordance with the MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to provide accurate, reliable and updated financial information.
- Controlling the daily cash/cheque/bank management and ensuring that all receipts and documentation meet MSF requirements (procedures, deadlines, information, signatures ...). Tracking bills/vouchers, invoices and other running costs and analyzing the related information (costs, service contracts ...) in order to give reliable and updated information.
- Controlling cash advances and cashbook movements for each petty cash box, recording all inflow and outflow transactions, ensuring that cashbox balances always reflect the actual amount of money kept in the cashboxes and investigating any discrepancy. Ensuring strict compliance with cash control procedures for each cashbox/currency (daily cash control, weekly cash inventory and reconciliations).
- Performing currency exchange operations in accordance with the country's exchange rate policy.
- Ensuring a monthly accounts report is in accordance with MSF procedures, checking individual entries and preparing the necessary administrative documents (originals) as a basis for justification and explanation of payments and receipts made.
- Preparing the timely payment of taxes.
- Being responsible for the processing of accounting software (UniField) peripheral accounting (project and capital) including checking the quality of the mission accounting allocations and their conformity (checking whether correct accounting codes have been allocated to all entries, correct encoding of salaries, following up and matching of internal transfers and advances in the mission, checking invoices and their allocations, preparing payment order documents to be sent to HQ). Analyzing the problems of the cash box discrepancies and giving technical help to find solutions.
- Being responsible for filing accounting documents and their annexes, preparing documents for audits, organizing the scanning of documents and archiving mission financial documents.
- Informing the Finance Coordinator of any issues/problems that may arise in his/her job performance as well as being flexible to often travel to the project sites to offer temporary support.
- Conducting any other tasks requested from the line manager.
- Essential diploma or professional qualification in Accounting / Finance / Business Administration.
- Essential previous work experience in accounting (minimum 1 year).
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Essential languages: English (minimum level B1) and Arabic (fluent)
- Essential computer literacy: Word, Excel (desirable Intermediary level).
- Previous experience in an Accounting software (UniField) will be considered as an advantage.
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Team work and Cooperation
- Detail oriented, well organized, possesses good reporting and analytical skills
- Patient, fair and respectful
- Has an ethical mind-set
- Able to work both independently and as part of the team
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills
- Is flexible and easily adapts to new circumstances
What we offer:
- Legal contract, full time position
- Pay in accordance with the MSF salary table – Level 6
- Reimbursement of medical expenses in accordance with MSF internal policy
- The chance to gain professional development in an international organisation
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need
Deadline for applications: 17th May 2020
If you are confident that you meet the above requirements:
Send your Motivation Letter & CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application in the CV box at the MSF OCB Office
ALWAYS CLEARLY MENTION THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR Accountant (MSFOCB/BGD/2020/04/06)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Shortlisted but not selected CVs may be kept in file in case of future vacancies. MSF has the right to postpone or cancel this recruitment.