Under the general guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM), overall supervision of senior resources management officer (SRMO) , under administrative supervision of Head of Sub-Office (HoSO) in Kirkuk technical supervision of the RMOs in Erbil, the Admin and Finance Assistant is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Verify invoices and documents submitted by suppliers and service providers;
- Ensures all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before finalizing vouchers.
- After obtaining appropriate approvals, effect payments to suppliers and staff members;
- Ensures all payments are paid on a timely manner;
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly accounting reports and the attachment of supporting documents for the review and certification by RMO & Head of Hub;
- Reconciles on a monthly basis all pending vendor accounts;
- Ensures that the bank reconciliation of the various bank accounts and IOM accounts and databases is done in time and accurately;
- According to the projectization process of IOM, distribute the office costs and verify staff costs;
- Ensures files of all financial instructions/guidelines issued are maintained and appropriate internal controls are in place;
- Assists with the maintenance of an effective banking system including preparing a monthly bank reconciliation;
- Maintains a filing system for vouchers and all other financial documentation;
- Maintains the Petty Cash account of the Hub or Satellite Office.
- Maintain Attendance records of national staff in HUB / Satellite Office.
- Prepare monthly payroll and Hazard pay for national staff.
- Provide Daily Assistance to supervisor in ensuring proper internal controls of finance are in place.
- Liaise with IOM Iraq program staff in the Hub and satellite offices of Iraq in daily execution of the payments and increasing of efficiency of program implementation;
- Coordinates all accounting issues with other colleagues in the Finance Dept.
- Monthly funding requests through Amman Hub.
- Bring to the attention of the RMO any relevant financial and budgetary issues.
- Suggest improvements to internal controls and streamlining/efficiencies;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
University degree in Business Administration, Finance or any related field from an accredited academic institution with three year’s relevant professional experience.
Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with minimum 5 years of relevant professional experiences.
Working experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting.
High level of computer literacy with specific proficiency in MS Excel.
Experience in working in an international environment and in liaising with a variety of partners at all levels of the hierarchy.
Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Ability to present clear and concise information.
Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds, ability to handle confidential matters
Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Good level of computer literacy, knowledge of SAP will be considered as an advantage.
commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results
Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic are required.
Any other language is and advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid,