To assist the Finance and Operations Coordinator in providing proactive, quality administrative service to the Iraq team. In particular, to provide administrative support, travel, and assistance in delegated tasks and project / program work.
- Scope of job
- Provide comprehensive, administrative support.
- Provide country level support in HR, Logistics/ Security and Finance administration.
- Provide (Inter)national travel assistance and obtaining access to local governorates.
- Contribute to day-to-day team activities, provide assistance as per Finance and Operations Coordinator guidance.
- Duties and Responsibilities
Provide comprehensive, administrative support:
- Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of the office.
- Act as a first point of contact for visitors which includes, but not limited to, answering phone calls, scheduling meetings and supporting visitors.
- Represent Tearfund towards external relationships such as government authorities, suppliers, NGO colleagues, and other private institutions.
- Maintain office contact lists including staff, program visitors and partners.
- Maintain the Iraq team google calendar.
- Prepare travel paperwork
- Responsible for administrative activities such as: filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Draft formal letters and translate them if needed in English, Arabic, Kurdish.
- Provide administrative support in various tasks including staff reports, meeting notes, booking meetings.
Provide HR administrative support
- Liaise with the FOC to ensure all new staff are assigned a desk/office, receive a laptop and mobile phone and are provided with any other necessary supplies and information by their first day of assignment, and support scheduling of orientation as needed.
- Support in the recruitment process such as organising interview appointments
- In collaboration with FOC, prepare documents required for international staff and visitor visas, and other related personnel requirements stipulated by the Government.
- Print ID card and business cards for new employees.
- Collect staff timesheets on a regular basis as per Country Director instructions.
- Prepare letters for former staff who want to claim their Social Security allowance.
Provide Logistics/ Security administrative support
- Support the procurement process in purchasing small items, collecting quotations, evaluating bids, supporting in setting up contracts and framework agreements.
- Regularly Updating the Procurement tracker.
- Ensure all assets are labelled and easily identified, and assets register is up to date.
- Support to ensure assets are tracked and disposed of within Tearfund procedures and according to donor requirements.
- Ensure that all IT equipment such as computers and communication equipment are well installed, functional and properly used.
- Facilitate planning and leading logistical arrangements for meetings or other events.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies (office consumables, stationeries, phone credits, etc).
- Maintain good professional working relationships with suppliers and contractors whilst strictly; adhering to Tearfund anti-corruption guidelines and staff code of conduct.
- Ensure all staff have participated in the General Security Trainings.
- Ensure that all offices have displayed safeguarding and quality standards posters in an easy accessible way.
- get trained in First Aid.
- Be the safeguarding focal point.
- support in preparing incident reports.
Provide Finance administrative support
- Generate bank letters related to partner transfers, payroll payments, cash withdrawals, exchange of money, etc.
- Prepare tax payment letters.
- Scan all the vouchers and supporting documents related to payments.
- Send emails to line managers for approval of expense vouchers.
- Support the FOC and programme team to organise the Expense Vouchers.
(Inter)national travel assistance and obtaining access to local governorates
- Prepare access letters for the Federal Iraq portal and JCC.
- Maintain the access portals both for federal Iraq and KRI.
- Make travel arrangements for staff going to the field such as booking hotels or guesthouses (from other NGOs), transportation, etc.
- Provide pre-filled travel plans to visitors and support them with filling them out.
- Book domestic flights between Baghdad and Erbil.
- Support the team with booking flights via Tearfund’s travel agent.
- Arrange airport pick up or drop off if needed.
- Support visitors with arranging lunch or dinners if requested.
- Be the focal point for visitors coming to Iraq (especially for the 1st time).
Contribute to day-to-day team activities, provide assistance to programme team as per Finance and Operations Coordinator guidance.
- Engage in activities within the team relating to spiritual sessions of worship, prayer, reflection or teaching.
- Support programme team in organising the [IRQ] Drive.
- Arrange training and meeting facilities.
- Support the team in data entry and data analysis if appropriate.
- Maintain the Humanitarian Accountability Mechanism for Tearfund (complaints and feedback mechanism).
Please apply via Tearfund website with the following link:
Females are encouraged to apply.