PRESENTATION OF THE ORGANIZATION
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs - water, food, and shelter. Currently present in Iraq since 2017.
Goal / Purpose:
The Administrative Officer assists the Admin Manager to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day administrative (finances and HR) activities of Erbil base, in accordance with established SI policies and procedures. The Administrator Assistant is responsible for processing of accounting and finance operations as well as all tasks relating to Human Resources
List of Principle Activities:
Administrative management of personnel:
- Management of residency and visa application for expatriates and visitors of the Syria mission
- Follow-up the status of residencies and visas
- Focal point with KRI authorities for residencies and visas
- Support shipment authorization paperwork and related communication and negotiation with authorities
- Participate in the organization of training
- Ensure archiving and monitoring of individual dossiers and deliver all documents relative to the professional life of Solidarités International employees
- Participate in the monitoring of work contracts on the base
- Calculate taxes and duties and create pay records for the relevant organizations
- Keep an organization chart up to date for the base
- Archiving leaves request/Overtime sheets for all staff under Erbil base, updating manager report before Payroll is sent to Admin Manager.
- Ensure the minimal replacement of members of the admin services in case of absence (days of, sickness, etc.)
Treasury & accounting management
- Manage the cash boxes of Erbil dedicated to Syria mission
- Prepare monthly closing, revision, and integrity of accounts for the base
- Issue vouchers and supervise archiving of records
- Participate in audits or any checks issued by partners or head office, at the base level
- List liquidity needs in concert with the Admin Manager
- Carry out pay-outs and advances, within established guidelines
- Keep the registry of cash pay-outs and the cashier’s register
- Record budgetary transfers and keep accounting codes
- Verify, before recording, that records conform to regulations and procedures of Solidarités International
- Translate accounting documents if necessary
- Exchange currencies at the request of line Manager
- Verify cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to superior
- Archive accounting records according to Solidarités procedures after a final verification of receipts etc.
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information
- Supports Admin Manager in relations with administrative authorities
- Participate in internal meetings to update the team about current Admin tasks, challenges, and priorities
- Bachelor degree in HR, Accounting, Finance, Admin or related relevant field + 1 year work experience in Finance, HR or admin position and in a similar level and preferably in NGO
- OR equivalent progressive experience in the above-mentioned sectors of 2 to 3 years
- Good level of English is required
- Good with Pack office (WORD and EXCEL) and preferably knowledge and previous use of HR and Accounting software
Please send your CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention in the subject of your email “Administrative Officer".
The final date for applications: February 22th, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.