About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps works in places of transition, where conflict, disaster, political upheaval, or economic collapse present opportunities to build more secure, productive, and just communities. Providing emergency relief in times of crisis, we move quickly to help communities recover and build resilience to future shocks and promote sustainable change by supporting community-led and market-driven initiatives. Recognizing both the great potential and the complex challenges faced by the Middle East, since 1989 Mercy Corps has been implementing a range of humanitarian assistance and development programs tailored to the specific needs of the region and of those communities where we work.
Mercy Corps has worked across Iraq’s 18 governorates since 2003, implementing relief and development programming, more than a third of which has focused on the specific needs of refugees and displaced persons. Mercy Corps Iraq current goal is to work with new and existing civil society, public and private sector partners to meet immediate and long-term needs by strengthening communities’ ability to rebuild amidst increasing crisis. Mercy Corps Iraq focuses on (1) a relief-to-resilience pathway to meet the needs of conflict-affected communities leveraging agency expertise in conflict management and civil society development (2) a humanitarian response that empowers conflict-affected populations to meet their own needs (3) partnering with conflict-affected adolescents to address their diverse needs, promoting leadership and linkages with civil society.
General Position Summary
The Admin Officer will be primarily responsible of supporting the Economic Recovery team in Ninewa in terms of administrative and reporting, with the supervisory support of the Economic Recovery Senior Program Officer and Economic Recovery Program Manager. S/he will work closely with the field teams and other departments within Mercy Corps. This position will be responsible of supporting Economic Recovery team to coordinate with different departments includes Operations, Finance, Programs.
Overall, Admin Officer will provide administrative works including program filing, organizing meetings, drafting meeting minutes, updating relevant program trackers, consolidation of program-related document.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Assist the Economic Recovery team in all tasks that facilitate achievement of program deliverables.
- Ensure that all supporting documents for PRs and payment requests are properly filed, documented, and photocopied for filling.
- Raise PRs as needed.
- Develop, maintain, and track all procurement processes with any paperwork related to program administration and implementation, including but not limited to Purchase Requests, task Orders, Service Agreements, Contracts, and Payment Requests in coordination with the team.
- Manage the program filing system for all activities and ensure that information is organized accordingly to the reporting and auditing needs of the program, while ensuring required levels of confidentiality.
- Support Economic Recovery teams in getting AAM approvals, largely in Erbil.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating team calendar and team meeting documentation; in addition to maintaining updated program internal trackers.
- Deliver sound coordination and information sharing, and accurate and timely internal reports are submitted to the different departments (Operations, Finance, HR, Programs).
- Organize weekly and monthly meetings and take detailed meeting minutes.
- Anticipates programmatic administrative needs and takes appropriate actions; maintains interactions with field offices and monitors program performance, timing, and results
- Assist in and facilitate workshops, trainings and meetings preparation which includes material preparation, copying and supply purchasing
- Must have strong organization skills with capacity to help contribute to developing and enhancing internal systems and processes.
- Adhere to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC manuals.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its mission.
- Ability to travel and follow up with other offices in administrative matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Reports Directly To: Economic Recovery Programs Manager
Works Directly With: Other program staff and other departments, including Operations, Finance and HR
Knowledge and Experience:
- BA/S in relevant field required.
- Minimum of one year of administrative work experience
- Preferrable strong technical knowledge in Livelihoods programming
- Experience working with an INGO is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to details, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, analyzing, and reporting.
- Ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English, Arabic.
- Good Computer skills, Word and Excel required.
- Ability to learn quickly and adhere to MC policies/procedures.
The successful Programs Administrative Officer will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, multi-tasking, demonstrated attention to details, will be committed to work long hours. S/he will be highly motivated, with initiative and capable to work without direct supervision. S/he will be willing to conduct field travels and work in ethnically and culturally diversified team. S/he must know how to prioritize tasks and deliver outputs on time. S/he must have good writing English skills.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Mercy Corps Iraq offers a variety of arrangements that enable women to excel in their careers. Mercy Corps Iraq ensures a safe and inclusive working environment for women and men through field security training and measures to provide secure working arrangements on-site and in the office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
Successful candidates should meet the education and experience requirements in the position descriptions for the Accountability deputy Manager.
S/he must be self- motivated, creative, tolerant, and able to work in difficult, stressful environments and follow Mercy Corps procedures. S/he must respect diversity and gender equality at the workplace.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline indicated below.
Please indicate on the subject of the email the title of the position you are applying for, for full position description for the noted posts, please visit websites NCCI and F-Job.
ALL APPLICATIONS/ CVs SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY November 3rd, 2021 at 4:00PM
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. Females are highly encouraged to apply.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply for the position of Admin Officer Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global Impact.
Potential candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to Mercy Corps Human Resources policies and procedures. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for potential interview.
Any documents submitted will remain with Mercy Corps and will not be returned to candidates.