Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the defining of TORs for the purchase of greenhouses and related tools;
- Support the installation of the greenhouses, in coordination with the contractor;
- Define the kit that will be provided along with each greenhouse and support the purchase of the kits to ensure their quality;
- Ensure the contractors abide by the conditions of the contracts;
- Define the curricula for training on greenhouse management and on the best agriculture practices, in coordination with the ministry of agriculture, including responsible management of natural resources, soil analysis and restoration, crop rotation, seed multiplication and greenhouse management;
- Organize and perform greenhouse management training for the beneficiaries;
- Ensure the sustainability of the greenhouses over time;
- Support the beneficiaries in their link with the local markets, through a market analysis for each target area and the sharing of information collected.
- Bachelor Degree in agriculture or a related discipline with at least 10 years related experience, or Master’s Degree in agriculture or a related discipline with at least 7 years related experience;
- Experience in managing agricultural development projects, including greenhouse projects;
- Experience providing greenhouse management (or other similar) training;
- Experience in overseeing the construction of greenhouses and advising greenhouse workers;
- Good knowledge about the peri-urban areas of Erbil governorate;
- Fluency in Sorani Kurdish and Arabic;
- Fluency in English preferred;
- Maturity in the management of situations of tension, ability to work under stress;
- Flexibility and discretion at all levels of work.
Applicants must send a CV and the cover letter in English, to Iraq.email@example.com.
CV only applications will not be considered.
The position opens till filled.
Please state Agriculture Expert the subject line of the email.