In direct support of the Agriculture Coordinator, the Agriculture Officer will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of a direct assistance agriculture and livelihoods project. In this role, the Agriculture Officer will conduct beneficiary registrations and site visits, collect data, communicate with beneficiaries, and assist with advising and training on effective farming and business methods. Samaritan's Purse is looking for committed, hardworking applicants with a passion to serve farmers with dignity.
- Manage relationships with selected vulnerable households by:
- Conducting on-site interviews to verify vulnerability and state of the households' livelihoods.
- Serving as a resource to households on best-practices for agroforestry and/or agribusiness endeavors.
- Regularly meeting with beneficiary households to review progress towards livelihood goals
- Participate in high quality programmatic implementation through timely data collection, agriculture asset shopping visit accompaniment, agriculture asset verifications, post distribution monitoring, and any other necessary monitoring
- Assist with developing and running capacity-building trainings for beneficiaries
- Regularly report on program activities, success stories, lessons learned, and other relevant information to the Agriculture Coordinator
Liaise with other departments such as Security, Logistics, Human Resources, Finance as appropriate and necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
Education / Experience Needed
- Degree in agriculture, livelihoods, or related field preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in agriculture programming and/or agri-business development required, with highly preferred concentration in agroforestry and/or olive oil production
-Minimum of one year of experience in group training and facilitation required
- Experience working with NGOs highly preferred
Arabic is required; English preferred
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
The subject of the email should be Agriculture Officer - WP/Qaraqsoh
Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
CVs must be in English language.