The Architect will support the implementation of a shelter rehabilitation project in Wana by using a BoQ to create a number of shelter designs for different household situations – large households, people with disabilities, elderly households etc. The Architect will be required to produce 3-4 household designs at a set budget and support the Engineers and construction contractors in implementing the project. The Architect will review shelter specifications and identify solutions to problems as they arise that meet design and performance criteria.
- Take part in the needs assessment and shelter assessment of the target area to aid their shelter designs based on needs and direct feedback from community members.
- Hold community consultation meetings in each target village to learn about the shelter needs in the area.
- Produce 3-4 household designs based on the BoQ for families with different needs (e.g. large families, people with disabilities, households with elderly etc)
- Attend meetings with the project staff and Project Manager
- Work with project engineers and contractors
- Visit the field site to monitor progress
- Undergraduate degree in Architecture and related experience.
- Ability to effectively support Engineers in the technical construction.
- Ability to communicate well with contractors and suppliers.
- Ability to work as part of a team and follow project quality and delivery requirements including documentation, checking, reporting and planning/scheduling.
- Core understanding of the impact of Architecture on the Safety for the facility.
- This role requires someone who is energetic, self-motivated and can travel to areas of Ninewa.
- Humanitarian project experience.
- Experience in needs assessments.
Applicants must send a CV and the cover letter in English, to Iraq.firstname.lastname@example.org.
CV only applications will not be considered. Applications close on 15th of January 2019.
Please state Architect Engineer the subject line of the email.