Title: Archiving Intern (HR and Security)
Start Date: 1 Oct 2023
Duration: Till 30th Oct 2023 (with the possibility of extension)
Nonviolent Peaceforce (NP) is a dynamic, international non-governmental organization. We work to reduce violence and protect civilians in countries affected by violent conflict and its aftermath through implementing unarmed civilian protection programming. NP implements programming by deploying civilian protection teams to the field and is continuing to scale up to meet the growing needs of the communities we serve. Programming is founded on unarmed civilian protection and is thematically focused on protection in displacement, child protection, gender-based violence protection, and inter-communal violence reduction.
We seek a dedicated Archiving Intern to join our Human Resources (HR) team in Erbil. As an Archiving Intern, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining the integrity and accessibility of HR records. This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in archiving and record management within the context of HR operations.
You will be a confident, creative, and self-motivated with strong communication skills. HR and Security records contain sensitive and confidential information. You will be required to follow strict confidentiality protocols and data protection regulations when handling and organizing these records. You will be part of the HR team and will work under the supervision of the HR Manager.
- Collaborate in the meticulous organization, cataloging, and upkeep of HR records, both in physical and digital formats.
- Ensure strict adherence to record retention policies and compliance regulations.
Data Entry and Database Management:
- Accurately input HR data into our databases and systems.
- Assist in regularly updating and maintaining employee records and related documentation.
- Utilize scanning and digital conversion techniques to transform paper HR documents into electronic formats, ensuring long-term preservation.
- Guarantee the security and accessibility of digitized files.
- Follow established archival procedures to optimize the storage and retrieval of HR records.
- Actively contribute to the implementation of best practices for record preservation.
Confidentiality and Compliance:
- Handle HR records with the highest levels of confidentiality, adhering rigorously to data protection regulations.
- Assist in maintaining HR record-keeping compliance.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Maintain meticulous records of archival activities and processes.
- Prepare regular reports on the status of HR archival projects as required.
- Engage in productive collaboration with HR team members, contributing to special projects and initiatives centred around record management.
- Attend departmental meetings and actively participate in discussions related to HR archival matters.
- Stay abreast of evolving HR record-keeping standards and best practices.
- Participate enthusiastically in relevant training sessions or workshops to enhance your archival skills.
Other duties as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
- Currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of a degree program in Library Science, Archival Studies, Human Resources, or a related field.
- Strong command and precise communication in English.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A basic understanding of archival principles and HR record-keeping practices is advantageous.
- Proficiency in standard office software and computer applications.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Commitment to maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality and handling sensitive HR information responsibly.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send a CV and cover letter in English through https://nonviolentpeaceforce.bamboohr.com/careers/321
- The closing date for applications is 26 September 2023.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Candidates may be identified before the closing date.
- Only nationals from Iraq will be considered for the position.
Nonviolent Peaceforce is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance in its staff at all levels. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. However, all qualified applicants, regardless of their gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, or age, will be considered for this opportunity.
Nonviolent Peaceforce acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of employees, contractors, volunteers, interns, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, and government guidance, and complies with best practices in the Humanitarian and Development sector.
We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.