Médecins Sans Frontières - MSF is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSFF / Baghdad Medical Rehabilitation Centre is seeking for:
BASE AND FACILITIES OFFICER / ALL AROUND TECHNICIAN
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervise the logistics team under his responsibility and carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards...) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in training at the request of the line manager
- Perform regular maintenance of MSF installations/equipment / infrastructures (base, house, store, warehouse, health center, hospital, etc.), particularly in line with a preventive maintenance plan (procedures to follow, schedule, etc.).
- Ensure effective management, protection, and care of work tools (including site installations under the employee’s supervision) and keep the workshop tidy.
- Ensure that there are adequate stocks of consumables and materials for minor repairs and manage those stocks; placing orders in time.
- Keep all documents related to installations / equipment / Infrastructures in order and update them regularly.
- Immediately inform the line manager of any problems that arise in the course of the work, particularly concerning damage, loss, theft, or attempted break-ins.
- Assist logistics department with any related work needed.
HR Management and supply 40 %
_Coordinate and lead the logistics team (watchmen, drivers and all other positions if requiered) under his/her responsibility, in particular:
-Defining each person’s tasks, supervising them on a daily basis and checking the quality of their work (punctuality, rigour, quality, etc.).
-Drawing up working schedules for logistics teams for each department or facility.
-Organising and leading meetings of the team under his supervision.
-Participating in the recruitment, potential disciplinary of one of his team member, and assure regular evaluation of his Team.
Practical general maintenance 60% Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the hospital and premise to guarantee an adequate running of the activities.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed (including date of intervention, replaced parts, problems and solutions) and preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance
- Essential Secondary Education.
- Desirable experience with other NGOs.
- English Mission language essential; local language desirable.
- Computer literacy and radio equipment user-knowledge.
- Ability to work and Cooperate within a team.
- Motivated, dynamic; able and willing to take initiative.
- Flexibility Stress Management, Service Orientation.
- Applicants must submit their CVs no later than the 21st of May 2021 to the following address: email@example.com
- stating the job title in the subject line: BASE AND FACILITIES OFFICER / BMRC
- We strongly encourage you to submit your application as early as possible
- ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
- Please indicate in your Cover Letter how you were aware of this announcement.