To enhance the resilience of vulnerable communities in Anbar, Heet district, CCR is looking for career development officer with an experience in the implementation of livelihood activities in the Iraqi context.
- Introduce the project and program objectives among key beneficiary groups that are selected to attend the business skills courses;
- Foster positive cooperation with key stakeholders of this program including local authorities, other key market actors and financial service providers;
- Help beneficiaries identify employment options that match their career interests;
- Assist the beneficiaries in all aspects of the job search including resume writing, interviewing techniques and job referrals.
- Work with key CCR team members to design an interactive, and technically sound vocational skills training curriculum based on recent assessment of the labor market in-demand skills and gaps;
- Ensure that the technical training design incorporates adequate theoretical and practical knowledge and application of skills for trainees;
- Support and delivery of CCR Skills curriculum in Arabic language tailored to different participants’ education, literacy and past knowledge and experience.
- Work with CCR teams to identify relevant internship and apprenticeship opportunities for vocational skills trainings participants;
- Support the development of safe and decent internship and apprenticeship agreements between CCR, the business owners and the intern/apprentice including hours of work, learning and development goals, roles and responsibilities of the relevant parties (business owners and interns/apprentices);
- Support CCE M&E teams in gathering participant baseline, mid-line and end-line data to assess training and program impact;
- Test and record participants’ enhancement of knowledge and skills from the training on a regular basis;
- Support CCR M&E teams in regular monitoring visits at the business to track participants’ and business satisfaction and outstanding challenges;
- Track learning from monitoring visits, outstanding challenges and issues identified by youth interns/apprentices to provide any refresher trainings;
- University degree in Development Studies, Economy or Socio-Economic Development, Business Administration, or another related field.
- Previous experience in implementation of livelihood projects.
- Well informed of labor market trends, employer needs and best practices in career services.
- good English and Arabic both written and spoken.
- Good communication skills
- Motivation, creativity, and ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a diverse team, managing stressful situations and results orientation
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the e-mail address Iraq.email@example.com
The application must include a 1-page cover letter and a maximum 2-page CV.
The applications should be submitted the latest by 20th May 2021
As the subject of e-mail please insert exactly “career development officer/Heet”
Attachments must be named as following:
Last name of applicant_ name_ name of position_CV
Last name of applicant_ name_name of position_Cover letter
NOTICE: Due to the urgency of the position, CCR reserves the right of starting the interviews with selected candidates before the closing date.
Only applications labelled correctly will be accepted for consideration. Only candidates selected to the next round will receive response from the representative of CCR. The selection procedure may be changed or cancelled anytime.
- CCR office and activities are taking place in Heet district in Anbar.
Note: This TOR was established on the basis of non-discriminatory principles in terms of sex, age, religion, ethnicity, race and disability.