The Case Manager is based in the ACE centers. With 6.5 hours of daily attendance and 40 hours/per week with a full time contract with Mercy Hands
- Coordinate and provide care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and beneficiary centered.
- Ability to see both needs related to individual issues and the wider context, this containing both social, familiar, community and cultural matters.
- Handle case assignments, draft service plans, review case progress and determine case closure
Coordinate and Referrals
- Coordinate with other relevant NGOs or governmental organizations and services available for each case.
- Have knowledge of the official referral pathway and refer cases when needed
- Work according to the goals, values and rules of conduct of Mercy Hands.
- Facilitate multiple care aspects (case sharing, etc) coordination, information sharing.
Goal for case manager counselling
- Help beneficiaries achieve wellness and autonomy
- Assess and address motivational and psychosocial issues, including basic stabilization techniques
- Develop effective working relations with awareness of the boarders between professional and personal relationships
- Reduce stigma and shame by general psychoeducation/awareness
- Create social support through community amongst the beneficiaries
- Record cases information, complete accurately all necessary forms
- Adhere to professional standards as outlined by protocols
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Has working experience in case management and referrals
- Communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Self-awareness and self- care
- Capacity to work both individual and in team