Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Case worker is a member of the Ninewa Child Protection team. Under the supervision of the CP Officer, the case worker is responsible for implementing activities focused on case management services for both first and second line response. She/he will ensure that project activities are consistent with Save the Children’s programming principles and approaches, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: CP Officer
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Budget responsibility: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Program Implementation: Under the direct supervision of the CP Officer, the Case worker will:
First line response:
Second line response:
· Identify, assess, document, refer (to relevant services) and follow-up of at-risk children and families (case management) in an age and gender appropriate manner, following the case management guidelines and core protection principles
· Provide information and advice on existing services and how to access them.
· Work as a member of a team ensuring fluid communication of relevant information to make sure that a proper and high-quality management of the case is preserved.
· Work in close collaboration with the community mobilisers to strengthen relationships with the community and to strengthen the referral system
· Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of child protection risks, with particular attention to vulnerable/at-risk children
· Adhere to confidentiality and Save the Children data protection protocols
· Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures
· Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects Save the Children's commitment to safeguarding children
· Any other duties as assigned
Monitoring and reporting:
· Contribute to daily and weekly reports and submit weekly reports concerning implemented outreach activities and cases and participate in weekly case conferences
· Conducting regular visits to relevant sites and Child Protection Spaces to identify with the support of volunteers and teachers at risk and vulnerable children
· Maintain files, registers, computer databases and records in paper or electronic format based on principle of confidentiality
· Ensure a child centered approach and always act in the best interests of the child.
· Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Collaboration and Representation
· Represent Save the Children in a professional manner.
· Liaise with other stakeholders, including schools, local leaders, and partners and participates in relevant meetings
· Collaboration with other organizations in the area to maximize information sharing on relevant services available in the community
· Represent programming with local government, NGOs, communities and within SC as appropriate.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children’s values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision the program, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Experience working in child protection with children and families
· Experience in community mobilisation and conducting outreach activities
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Closing Date: (September 26, 2019)
Applicants may submit their CVs with their telephone number and contact to Mosul.Jobs@savethechildren.org.
1- Please mention the vacancy title Case Worker-West Mosul in subject box of your email.
2-Email without vacancy title will not be considered.
3-Email after the closing date will not be considered.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.