The Case worker works with other case workers and under the supervision of the Case Management Supervisor to deliver respectful, qualitative and adapted support to vulnerable children and families.
The key responsibilities are:
- Case management activities
- Coordination with other teams and services
- Resource management.
1. Programme planning and implementation
1.1. Identify children in need of case management services
1.2. Develop case plans and follow up on cases as per case management procedures
1.3. Facilitate and follow up on referral as per case management procedures
1.4. Work with children and families to ensure the best outcome possible for the child
1.5. Provide counselling to children and family members and schedule follow up meetings as appropriate
1.6. Support identified children in integration in CFSs/TLSs/schools, as per case plan
2. Coordination with other teams and services
2.1. Conduct and regularly update service mapping and develop a referral pathway, in coordination with CCCM as per tasks assigned by line manager
2.2. Disseminate information regarding available resources and services provided in the area of intervention and other areas
2.3. Work in coordination with other teams to identify child protection concerns and children in need of case management services
3. Resource management
3.1. Use programme resources effectively and with care.
3.2. Facilitate mobilisation of local resources and encourage maximum use of them.
3.3. Be responsible for his/her own continuing training to develop his/her skills
3.4. Ensure proper record keeping of cases, ensuring confidentiality
3.5. Collect data on regularly base and regularly update individual monitoring files of the Programme's beneficiaries.
4.1. Ensure proper record keeping of cases, ensuring confidentiality
4.2. Collect data on regularly base and regularly update individual monitoring files of the Programme's beneficiaries.
4.3. Keep proper records of expenditures and report on these to the line manager.
5. Personal and Team management:
5.1. Participate in the management of the programme's activities, according to the strategies for reaching the objectives.
5.2. Develop common priority actions leading to solutions to the identified problems.
5.3. Identify the problems associated with the delivery of the programme and inform line manager, HR, logistics, beneficiaries in accordance to line manager’s orientations.
5.4. Attend and take part in the meetings necessary for passing on information for the smooth running of activities.
5.5. Help his/her line manager in setting up the activities schedule every week.
5.6. Attend relevant trainings on Protection, Child Protection, Case Management and others, in accordance with the line management.
6. Networking / external coordination:
6.1. Maintain liaison with the local government officials, other I/NGO’s and community based organization’s (CBO) at the community level to ensure their cooperation and coordination for effective implementation of the programme in the areas.
6.2.Represent Tdh on local exercises in his/her geographic area of responsibility.
6.3.Always keep in close contact with respective local government department to ensure their active participation for effective implementation of the programme activities as well as proper use of resources.
6.4.In general, make sure that a positive and professional image of Tdh is conveyed. In particular, ensure that Tdh’s mandate, thematic policies, ethics, values and views are followed in relation to third parties
7.Child Safeguarding Policy:
7.1.Raises awareness within the Foundation on violence against children.
7.2.Provides guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing and responding to issues of child abuse.
7.3.Reduces the risk of child abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others.
7.4.Reduces the risk of child abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children.
Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
- Be able to evaluate specific need and develop action point for single cases.
- Develop common priority actions leading to solutions to the identified problems.
- Identify the problems associated with the delivery of the programme and inform line manager, HR, logistics, beneficiaries in accordance to line manager’s orientations.
- Good team building skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment and under pressure;
- Active team player contributing in overall team performance;
- Knolwedge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS is a plus.
As well as the following specific « professional » competencies:
- University Degree in psychologist, social science, or relevant field.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible professional experience in child protection, case management other related area with a minimum of 6 months work experience with NGOs.
- Good command of Arabic and basic English is essential. Knowledge of another regional language (Kurdish, Turkmani) is desirable.
- Able to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
- Strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills are very important.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgroundsBy signing this document, the employee certifies having knowledge of the present job description
Application Process and Deadline:
Application should contain the following two attachments:
- Cover letter (Word or PDF) addressed to Tdh and earliest date of availability
- Curriculum Vitae including two up to date and recent references
Candidates may apply by email, sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add the Ref in the heading: Case Worker– Telafar
The deadline is 09/07/2020 , by 5.00 pm.
Only short-listed applications will subsequently be called for interview. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The short listed candidates will have to travel at their own expense to the place of recruitment. No compensation whatsoever will be given for transport or other.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer the post before the closing date.