GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the line management of the Finance Supervisor in Coordination Office in Erbil, the cashier contributes to the respect of all the Finance and Procurement processes on base, and ensures rules and deadlines are handled according to Handicap International standards.
According to their position, the Cashier must keep all the data confidential, and share it only with the accurate persons.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DECRIPTION
- Cashbox and Cash flow Management
- Guarantee security of the cash (notably by daily cash balance, weekly and end of month reconciliations) and confidentiality of information
- Operate payments and manage the operational advances (cash/cheque/transfer) following his/her level of authorization and the organization rules (internal and donors) under the supervision of his/her line management
- Disburse salaries for national staff & entitlement of service providers including car rents for Erbil by cash or cheque.
- Consolidate expatriates advance on salary monthly sheet
- Follow up on salary advance reimbursement and ensure communication to his/her line manager + HR service
- Establish a statement of needs for cash assets on a weekly basis and/or on request of his/her line management (Finance Supervisor and/or Finance Manager)
- List liquidity needs in concert with his/her line manager
- Responsible for daily relationship with the bank employees/managers
- Ensure support to the Finance Officer in transferring funds to partners in nearby and remote locations.
- Paying the per diem for the expatriates
- transferring cash to all HI bases
- Support the Finance Officers in the preparation of the weekly and monthly forecasts;
- Verify cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to the supervisor.
- Keeping bank book, issue cheques and deal with bank authorizations and bank statements
- Carry out payments and advances in accordance with HI and donors’ guidelines & ensure the accountancy up-to-date bookkeeping (translate invoices, prepare payment stamps, and record entries)
- Prepare monthly closing (check each invoice, prepare for the finance Supervisor all documents needed like inventories, bank statements and reconciliations etc.)
- Issue vouchers and archive the accounting records according to HI procedures after a final verification of receipts.
- Take part in performing additional tasks delegated by the finance supervisor for global accountancy and monthly closure after and while receiving training and when needed or asked by line manager.
- Scan all invoices with support documents and vouchers and prepare all the original documents for all the mission’s accountancy and pouch to HQ in Lyon France once a month, preparing letter to DHL and follow with them until the post reaches HQ.
- Scanning monthly NAV vouchers with attached invoices and supporting documents and scanning to be uploaded to HQ in coordination with Finance Officers.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
The working hours are the following:
Sunday till Thursday, from 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break, the work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities.
It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
Line Manager: Finance Supervisor
Head of Department: Country Finance Manager
Operational link: Project Officers, Logistics Officer
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
· Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
· Internal regulation (IR)
· Child protection policy (CPP)
· Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassement (PSEAH)
· Antifraud and bribery
· Code of Conduct (CoC)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in finance or accounting related fields
- At least 1 years of experience in a similar position (data entry of financial information and cash handling.). Past experience with (I)NGOs is a plus.
- Languages: Kurdish, Arabic & English
- Advanced at excel
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Perform extremely detailed tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter so as to reach on or before
1st Aug 2021
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Minimum Three References to be provided with CVs, CVs without references will not be considered