PRESENTATION OF THE ORGANIZATION
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs - water, food and shelter. Currently present in Iraq since 2017, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in Wash sector in Mosul region.
Under the lead of the Cash-Based Intervention Supervisor, the Cash-Based Intervention Officer will organize, manage and implement all Cash-Based Intervention (CBI) activities on the field, while enforcing Solidarités procedures and standards.
Cash-Based Intervention activities can include the following (depending on SI ongoing projects): Cash-for-Work, Unconditional/Multi-purpose Cash Transfer, Conditional Cash transfer through direct monetary transfer or vouchers (shops and fairs) and any other modality based on cash transfer.
- Under the responsibility of the Cash-Based Intervention Supervisor, take part in logistical and administrative organization, planning, and preparation of cash-based intervention activities..
- Implement activities using Solidarités International tools, in particular:
- Take part in the census, registration and sensitization of beneficiaries
- Take part in the census, registration and training of vendors and suppliers
- Implement site activities
- Recruit and train daily workers
- Delegate daily worker site tasks according to the Supervisor’s instructions
- Implement Cash-Based Intervention activities
- Ensure that each registered, identified beneficiary/vendor/supplier has taken part in activities
- After activities have taken place, calculate and confirm the number of persons which benefited from them and effectively participated in them
- Gather and replace materials used during distribution/in shops/fairs
- Take into account Do No Harm and Protection matters in the design, implementation and monitoring of all SI activities, identify possible related-risks and enforce mitigation measures under the supervision of his/her Supervisor,
- Respect Solidarités International's administrative procedures before, during, and after activities.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the Solidarités International office, ensuring their availability to his/her Supervisor
- Archive necessary documents (presence list, schedules, …)
- Under the supervision of the Supervisor, participate in the drafting of reports:
- Pass on any information regarding the processes
- Extract and pass on statistics to the team Supervisor and/or deputy program manager
- Take part in seminars and training workshops relating to Cash-Based Intervention tasks and to goal attainment
- Report to the team Supervisor on the progress of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, the quality of relations with beneficiaries/vendors/suppliers.
- Pass on any information or problems concerning his/her task, Solidarités International programs, or safety aspects
- Act as a liaison with the local population and authorities in order to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for Solidarités International activity
- Make sure that the security rules are perfectly well known, understood and followed by the daily workers.
- Analyze the humanitarian situation, taking protection problems into consideration/Do no Harm to the population
- Collaborate with local administration and authorities
- Take part in restitution meetings on request
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in Cash Related Projects
- Arabic and English Fluency
- High IT Skills
Please send by email your application (CV, cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention in the subject of your email: CBI Officer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that candidatures with CV and cover letters written in Arabic will not be considered.