Project title, ID and Donor: TATWEER/Development: Civil Society Capacity Building Program
Duration: 1 year, with 3 months’ probation
TATWEER (Development) - Civil Society Capacity Building Program is a program designed by Un Ponte Per and Al-Mesalla and funded by EU to build upon and scale up the potential of Iraqi Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) with a strong focus on capacity-building, advocacy and networking.
A Civil Society Service Center is foreseen to be active in each of the three project locations (Erbil, Mosul and Basra) to provide services to the CSOs (training, advisory services, information point etc.) in the KRI, Central Iraq, Southern Iraq.
Un Ponte Per (UPP) has been active in Iraq since 1991 and has made civil society empowerment one of its core missions in the country since its inception, through actions that span from humanitarian and health projects to human rights and peacebuilding programs. UPP works to prevent new conflicts, especially in the Middle East, by building peace and solidarity between people, defending human rights of those affected by war and promoting their right to self-determination, social justice and dignity.
UPP is an equal opportunity employer: we employ and promote qualified people without discrimination of any kind.
General description of the position
The Coordinator ensures the planning and coordination of the activities of the Civil Society Service Centre and CSSC’s team and the fulfilment of all other project objectives in Basra and South Iraq, with the support of a Team (to be recruited) formed by: Accountant, Logistician, Tutor/Technical Grant Manager, Legal Advisor.
We look for an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and resourceful coordinator, based in Basra (and surrounding neighborhoods) with a problem-solving attitude.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative and autonomy in the organization of her/his work while ensuring at the same time the capacity to act in strong coordination with Project PM, Grant Manager and other team members (Coordinators and logisticians of CSSC in Erbil and Mosul).
It is a full-time position: no double employ is accepted.
- Collaborate in the recruitment of the Center staff
- Contribute to planning, monitoring and coordination of project activities in collaboration with the Project Manager and other Centers’ Coordinators
- Coordinate Basra CSSC’s team to implement the project in effective and productive manner
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders and partners to lead the project in collaborative and smoothly manner
- Coordinate with clusters and working groups in order to exchange the information and expand networking with other NNGOs
Facilitate dialogue and seminars on different t
- Facilitate dialogue and seminars on different topics such as development policies, human and environmental rights, equal opportunities between men and women.
- Build strong relationships with Iraqi institutions in order to enhance the communications channels between the Iraqi population and Iraqi institutions.
- Collaborate with Communication Unit to ensure that information on actions and events are available and provided in line with UPP and EU regulations
- Collaborate with M&E Unit for all the foreseen task related to Monitoring and Evaluation
Monitoring and Reporting
- Follow up with project staff to prepare monthly plan and reports and promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Collaborate in monitoring the implementation of the activities that will be provided to the NNGOs and groups.
- Ensure data collection and timely transfer of data to the M&E Unit based on existing procedures and models
- In collaboration with project staff work on selecting the trainings participants from different NNGOs and groups.
Required education and skills
- University degree preferably in relevant subjects (Law, Political Science, Education, Economics, Development, International Relations, etc.).
- At least 2 years of experience in project management/team leadership
- Required excellent oral and written Arabic, and English
- Working experience with local counterparts (CSOs, local NGOs, and others)
- Capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives
- Team working skills and proactive attitude
- Computer literacy skills
- Knowledge of standards and literature in human and environmental rights, policy-making, humanitarian and development principles, accountability, governance, advocacy and campaigning
Previous experience in empowering capacity building and/or training programs for adults is an advantage
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “CSSC Coordinator Basra_Name Surname” in the subject line of your email application. Please apply with just one email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please name the files attached to your application as follow: surname_name_CV, surname_name_CL, etc
Only applications in English will be considered.