Duty Station [Tikrit Iraq]
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Present in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in several South-Central governorates. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH, Shelter and Mine Action. The Iraq programme presently employs some 450-national staff and 45 international staff, and is growing to meet new, emerging needs associated with ongoing and recent conflict in multiple locations
About the job:
Ensure that the office and other work areas are clean.
- Sweep the floors and stairs every morning (taking care not to damage electrical equipment on the floor such as UPS, electrical wire etc.).
- Wash the floors, stairs, and other areas thoroughly at least twice a week.
- Dust the desks, walls and cupboards every day (taking care not to damage office equipment on the dusted areas);
- Clean the office sinks, toilets, and wash rooms twice a day at minimum.
- Clear and dispose of the rubbish from the office at least once a day.
- Keep the kitchen clean at all times, including cleaning the inside of the fridge once per week.
- Maintain the garden areas around in the office in a neat and clean manner
- Inform the line manager of any repairs or replacements required of maintenance equipment;
- Clean the guest house (vacuuming, washing floors, sweeping, clean kitchen, bathroom, etc.) as requested. Complete all cleaning
- Ensure the consumable supplies are available in all the washrooms all the time.
- Monthly planning of procurement of all cleaning items to be submitted to the line manager (e.g., cleaning fluid, garbage bags, soap, toilet Paper, etc.).
- Make tea or coffee for official meetings/occasions, and prepare food if required.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Relevant experience in a similar position.
- Basic English knowledge will be an added advantage
- Fluency in local language
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to priorities large and changeable workload.
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to work independently and energetically.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months (renewable based on both funding and performance).
Start date: 8 of April 2019
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. .
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking here or on the apply button.
Closing date for applications: 1st April, 2019. Due to the urgency of the position DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.