The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
In 2003, following the start of foreign military operations in Iraq, DRC became one of the first organisations to provide humanitarian assistance in the country, and now operates in 11 governorates, including Anbar, Baghdad, Babel, Diyala, Duhok, Erbil, Karbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din.
Overall purpose of the role:
Take care of our facilities and carry out cleaning and maintenance duties and the goal is to keep our building in a clean and orderly condition
- Clean the center every day
- Cleaning of bathrooms (toilets) every day
- Preparation of tea and washing materials and utensils used
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff
- Any other assignment by the line manager
Experience and technical competent:
- 6 months -1 years of experience in cleaning the building or related work
- Proven working experience as a cleaner
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed
- Fluent in writing and reading in the Arabic language
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Commitment to the Code of Conduct for DRC
Non-interference with the work of the staff in the CRC
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 29 November 2021
Note: Due to urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo