iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The main purpose of the position is to produce iMMAP Iraq office’s internal and external communication materials (Social Media posts, Newsletters, Project Snapshots, etc.) and support iMMAP Global Communication Task Force. The Communications Officer will be based in Erbil and may be required to travel to other duty stations in Iraq.
Description of Duties
The communications officer (CO) assumes the primary responsibility for planning, developing and implementing communication strategies to promote iMMAPs’ programmes.
PRODUCTION OF COMMUNICATION MATERIALS
- Produce Iraq for the global annual report
- Produce the iMMAP Iraq annual report
- Produce and update iMMAP Iraq Project Snapshots
- Produce and update relevant Capability Statements
- Produce web articles on iMMAP Iraq’s projects and activities
- Produce regular Social Media posts as defined in the Global communication strategy
- Produce a quarterly newsletter for external partners showcasing iMMAP capabilities and achievements
- Produce an internal newsletter for iMMAP Iraq program staff every two month
- Produce other communication materials as required (photos, videos, etc.).
- Provide information products and capacity building statistics when required
- Provide support for global or regional communications campaigns
- Keep country mailing lists updated and segmented
- Identify, propose, and lead the development of communications opportunities and media-related that can be employed to promote the work of the organization and maximize its awareness within the wider humanitarian and development community in Iraq.
GLOBAL COMMUNICATION TASK FORCE
- Actively participate in the design of the Global Communication strategy
- Ensure Iraq Communication strategy is in line with the Global Communication strategy
- Attend and contribute to the Global Communication Task Force monthly meeting
- Serve as the main contributor of information regarding the Iraq program to Global Communication Manager in HQ
- Where appropriate, represent the iMMAP project team within partners and participate in local community activities when required
- Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP staff, and external contacts with national and local government officials, international non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Follow and further develop iMMAP's branding regulations required for marking, or branding, of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
- Follow security protocols as laid down by the iMMAP Country Security Advisor.
- ORGANIZATIONAL LEARNING
- As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that all team members will commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP as well as individual professional development.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
- IMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of field projects.
- Bachelor's or Masters’ Degree in Graphic Design, Mass Communication, Journalism, or related fields from a recognized institution.
- Knowledge and experience in graphic design, layout, and document development.
- Experience in communications for development or humanitarian organizations.
- Working experience, preferably in the humanitarian sector.
- Communication, Written, Oral, and visual - The ability to convey information to technical and non-technical people in the most appropriate manner fitting the audience.
- Very good level of written English
- Fluency in English, Kurdish, and Arabic is very desirable
iMMAP has zero tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse, and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
To apply,plesase visit IMMAP Career website