About the Team
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Geneva leads NRC’s representation with the IASC and UN agencies, and coordinates donor engagement with the UN and Swiss donors. NRC strives to assist and protect vulnerable and displaced people during crises, especially in situations of conflict. Established in 1946, NRC is an independent, humanitarian, non-profit, non-governmental organisation working in around 31 countries with approximately 14’000 staff. NRC employs a rights based approach, challenging those with responsibility to uphold the rights of displaced people set out within national and International Laws. NRC endeavors to secure the acceptance of local stakeholders for activities and is committed to the principles of humanity, neutrality, independence and impartiality.
NRC seeks to engage with all relevant actors in order to promote the full respect for the rights of displaced and vulnerable people; secure and maintain access for humanitarian operations and promote the achievement of durable solutions. NRC Geneva, with the Internal Displacement Monitoring Center (IDMC), are NRC’s primary presence in Geneva.
- Write and submit social media content to NRC’s regional and global offices from Iraq that emphasize refugees’ and IDPs’ perspectives, voices, and experiences.
- Produce and design digital resources for social media use, such as banners and posters, and other contributions, as well as liaising with external suppliers to produce materials.
- Visit field programmes on a regular basis to collect quality photographs, videos, testimonies and write stories about refugees, IDPs, and host communities in Iraq, for external and internal use.
- Support the production of communication work including photo essays, videos, and engaging storytelling in English, Arabic, and Kurdish.
- Maintain and enrich NRC Iraq’s photo database.
- Gather content to produce and develop videos and infographics in accordance with NRC’s global style and brand guidelines.
- Coordinate with both the regional and the head office communications teams as required.
- Translate required documents relevant to the advocacy and information department.
- Support the Communications Coordinator and Policy and Advocacy Adviser with any other communications and/or media-related tasks
- Three years’ work experience as a communications officer, journalist or fixer in humanitarian and/or conflict emergencies.
- Photography, videography, infographic, design and editing skills
- Knowledge of relevant thematic areas (Education, Livelihoods, Legal Assistance, human rights/protection, gender, among others)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Arabic and good verbal and written communication skills in English and Kurdish
- Experience with and knowledge of design software (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, video editing, etc.)
- Experience in using a variety of social media platforms
- A good understanding of the Iraq context and the ongoing crisis
- A natural networker with substantial experience of building relationships
- Contract Duration: 6 months ( with the possibility of extension)
- Duty Station: Erbil- Iraq with %40 Travelling
- Health Insurance is provided
- Salary: According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- For more information please read JOB DESCRIPTION
To apply please click here