About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen rights and protections for vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role of the Communications Officer:
The Communications Officer will be responsible for content development, social media management and the design of public outreach and awareness materials. In this role, they will be working closely with the Communications Manager to generate interesting and attractive content that is well aligned with SEED’s various programs and areas of focus.
Content development (40%):
- Drafting social media content to promote SEED’s program objectives, activities and results, as well as raise awareness amongst key audiences on critical issues.
- Developing web stories, blogs, press releases, scripts and other written materials for publication on SEED’s website and partner platforms, or for printing and dissemination (i.e., flyers/brochures/ posters etc.)
- Support in the development and execution of multi-platform campaigns, including ideation, content development, and reporting.
Design public affairs materials to promote SEEDs work (20%):
- Develop fliers, brochures, guest packages, power points.
- Develop marketing and fundraising materials.
- Develop and send a quarterly newsletter and other email communications.
- Develop branding materials for fundraising and other events.
- Support the maintenance of SEED’s Branding and Communications Guide.
- Create data graphics to report on program performance.
Manage SEED’s social media (20%):
- Manage SEED’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn on a daily basis, including responding to comments and messages, engaging with followers through liking and commenting on relevant content.
- Monitor and generate regular analytics reports to provide guidance on how we can improve and better engage audiences.
Administrative and additional tasks (20%):
- Support with SEED website maintenance and content publication.
- Translating Ad-Hoc materials into English Arabic and/or Kurdish Sorani.
- Copy editing for reports and documents in English, Arabic and/or Kurdish Sorani.
- Event planning, management and documentation/reporting.
- Photography and videography at events or for reports and social media.
- Minor photo and video editing for events or for reports and social media.
- Prepare and manage necessary paperwork for the unit i.e. payment requests, travel documentation etc.
- Coordination with program colleagues in lieu of the Communications Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, media or related field.
- Two years of experience in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field.
- Experience working in NGOs, particularly those with similar work streams to SEED i.e. Protection and Mental Health.
- Experience in crisis communications and/or excellent problem solving skills and ability to assess situations and adapt quickly.
- Fluent in Kurdish Sorani, high standard of spoken and written English; Arabic and/or Kurdish Bahdini desirable. Provision of IELTS results preferred - expected score of 6 or above.
- Excellent computer skills, experience with Google Drive and Adobe Suite desirable.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
- Strong ability to work independently and practice self-learning.
- Professional communications skills, particularly in email and letter writing.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this LINK.
- In order for an application to be considered valid, SEED only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.