Overview of role:
MAG employs multi-skilled Community Liaison (CL) teams. The CLO is responsible for the implementation of various CL activities including Explosive Ordnance Risk Education and Non-technical Survey within a team as directed by the Community Liaison Manager (CLM) and CL Supervisor
The Community Liaison Officer (CLO) directly reports to the Community Liaison Supervisor (CLS) in their respective base.
A CL officer is expected to carry out some or all of the following activities, but not limited to:
• Liaise with communities using meetings, interviews, mapping and other participatory activities
• Liaise with village and sub-district authorities
• Conduct community and household-level surveys and Focus Group Discussions
• Collect accident/victim data
• Gather and report contamination data according to pre-defined reporting systems and forms (Contamination Baseline Assessment)
Explosive Ordnance Risk Education
• Deliver appropriate and direct Risk Education to target groups and training to Community Focal Points
• Work with other CL staff to field test appropriate Risk Education material
• Conduct pre- and post RE surveys and behaviour change Focus Group Discussions
• Properly conduct visual verification of all hazard areas (HAs), draw HA sketch maps, record GPS data
• Review all key points on the various forms and submit clear, legible and accurate paperwork and Survey123 reports to supervisor and CLM.
The post holder should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
• An understanding of NGOs and a commitment to humanitarian work
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Verbal and written English, Arabic/Kurdish, as relevant and applicable to their area of operations
Application procedure for the position: All candidates interested in applying for this position should submit a
All candidates interested in applying for this position should send their updated CV, in English, to this email
The candidates who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered.
All the Applicants must mention the job title (Community Liaison Officer-Sinjar) in the subject line of their email.
• With no job title in the subject line,
• Sent through links and
• Duplicate applications will be disqualified.
• Closing date for applications is 29-Jan-2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
** MAG is an equal opportunities employer.
** MAG Iraq does not charge any fees for Job applications.