We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Child Protection Officer
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· Work with the communities to ensure they an effective role in protecting the rights of the children
· Liaise with community leaders and parents to introduce programme activities and encourage community involvement in programme implementation and monitoring.
· Identify existing community structures, and support them with child protection and education capacity building and awareness
· Establish and strengthen Child and Youth clubs and provide on-going mentoring and support
· Provide continuous support to community-based structures and Child and Youth Clubs and identifying the gaps in terms of the capacity-building needs, and actively contribute to building their capacity
· Support community-based structures in planning, implementing and managing routine activities, i.e., conducting / attending meetings and recording minutes of the meetings and follow up on action plans
· Support community-based structures to conduct community-based awareness raising activities on child protection, MHPSS, gender, education and child rights topics
· Support community-based structures to promote the inclusion of marginalized and minority groups and ensure meaningful child participation in activities
· In coordination with the case management team, assist community-based structures in identifying the child protection risks and developing action plans to address those risks on self-help basis or using the resources available in the community.
· Conduct assigned PSS activities, in coordination with the MHPSS team and the facilitators
· Any other task as relevant
C Collaboration and Representation
· Previous work with children required, preferably in a social work or educational setting.
· Must be excellent in communicating with children.
· Experience in community mobilization and familiarity of the targeted communities
· Experience in working with adults to promote the protection of children.
· Committed to implementing programmes that involve children at all levels of implementation.
· Flexibility and ability to work independently and in a team.
· Ability to speak and write in Arabic.
· Good English oral and written communication skills
· Background knowledge in child/ youth protection, education, child rights and emergencies
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
· Commitment to the mission and values of Save the Children;
· Strong understanding of the situation of the IDP children (girls and boys);
· The ability to think critically and to recommend good solutions to problems.
· Excellent sense of judgment, humor and patience;
· Knowledge of the local language; English language skill is an advantage;
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Basic education or adequate equivalent work/life experience;
· Experience with community development, working with children and schools;
· Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong Organizational skills;
· Advocacy and coordination skills;
· Ability to conduct outreach at the community level;
· Good computer skills (MS Office, including familiarity with internet).
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Closing Date: (September 26, 2019)
Applicants may submit their CVs with their telephone number and contact to Mosul.Jobs@savethechildren.org.
1-Please mention the vacancy title Community Mobilizer-West Mosul in subject box of your email.
2-Email without vacancy title will not be considered.
3-Email after the closing date will not be considered.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.