Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization. For 25 years, we have been providing relief in emergencies worldwide. We also run missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character – have been carried out in 44 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH in Iraq:
We returned to Iraq at the end of 2016 to respond to the needs of the civilian population caused by the fighting in Mosul. The PAH response team immediately began to provide humanitarian aid to the residents of the city, supplying food baskets and hygiene kits.
In 2017, Polish Humanitarian Action reached over 30 000 beneficiaries in Ninawa Governorate by providing food and hygiene assistance in cooperation with Czech Caritas Republic. Additional 23 000 beneficiaries from Erbil Governorate received food, hygiene or NFI assistance in project funded by Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
PAH’s current activities in Iraq include:
- swift reaction to humanitarian crisis in Iraq.
- improvement of quality of all actions, assuring more adequate humanitarian response, following humanitarian standards and requirements of local communities.
- response based on complementary programs and projects which are created in coordination with local authorities and local communities.
- support of Iraqi employees in improvement of personal potential and professional capacity.
In 2018, the finance person will be responsible to book all expenses under MADAD project into NAV system on daily basis. The project activities are related to WASH infrastructure rehabilitation in Ninawa Governorate. The finance person will be coordinated from Mosul and will include areas in western part of Ninawa Governorate.
Who PAH is looking for:
The Community mobilizer contributes to the maintenance of hygienic conditions setting through supporting, undertaking and being involved in a variety of hygiene promotion activities. On a daily basis the Community mobilizer reports directly to the Senior Project Coordinator, and supervises the daily activities of the Hygiene Promoters.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Mobilize members of the communities
- Identify possible facilitators within the communities
- Conduct hygiene promotion sessions within communities, schools, health canter and groups of persons with specific needs, according to age, gender and diversity.
- Conduct training sessions for community-based committees and other groups.
- Conduct participatory hygiene events with communities.
- Conduct home visiting to assess, inform and motivate families to improve hygiene and living conditions when required
- Promote hygiene education through a variety of means, such as information sharing, dissemination, communication materials.
- Provide support for the distribution of hygiene items.
- Develop contacts with community leaders and key stakeholders to explain and promote the organization and projects.
- Act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by the Line Manager
- Proficiency in the following computer programs: MS Excel and MS Word.
- Two (2) years of experience on Hygiene Promotion position
- Basic education or equivalent training/experience in a related field, familiarity with different hygiene education activities
- Experience in training and /or teaching
- Good communication skills
- Advance in English
- Fluency in Arabic
What PAH offers:
- Friendly and cooperative working atmosphere with development possibilities;
- A full-time contract for (4) four months with first 1-month probationary period.
- Medical insurance
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your application form here along with a cover letter and three professional references form your current or previous employer.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
CV will be reviewed on daily bases.