Establish connections with communities and mobilize community members to engage in community-based protection activities.
Assist the Communication with the team leader in coordination with local authorities, formal and informal, as well as refugee/IDP community focal points in each area, establishing and maintaining positive relationships.
Keep the community informed and updated about the projects and disseminate information accordingly.
Participate and assist in the organization of project events (practical training and workshops on collaboration between the local actors and communities, consultations with communities, mobilization of community members and leaders, etc.)
Provide sessions for some protection topics according to team leader and project coordinator instructions.
Community mobilization and facilitating community dialogue.
Assist and provide guidance on the submission of community initiatives/proposals.
Engage in project monitoring activities as relevant.
Respond and adjust to a flexible activity scheduling, logistical constraints related to public space management, or social dynamics involving the community and its expectations.
Assist in the design and planning of capacity-building training for local partners, service providers, and local authorities.
Draft status reports, including a narrative analysis of trends, summary of activities, and identified challenges and needs, with photos when possible.
Uphold UIMS and donor’s code of conduct, and ensure that all persons of concern are treated with dignity and respect, in accordance with humanitarian principles and human rights standards.
Conduct other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Preferred have a bachelor's degree in Sociology, Political science, social studies, or any relevant education background.
- Zero to one year of work experience in the same position or field;
- Fluency in Arabic Languages, English is a plus;
- Time management skills and effective problem-solving skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to work with both community members as well as local authorities in a sensitive and respectful manner, and ensure that all community members are represented.
- Willingness to work in all areas of target locations.
- Must work well within ethnically or religiously diverse groups.
- Team-building skills, ability to effectively mobilize and motivate both staff and volunteers.
please send your English CV to UIMS email:
Please indicate the Title of the position in the Subject line.
**CVs without subject line "community mobilizer- Heet" will not be considered.
Links to CVs will not be taken into consideration.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The last day to apply will be on 31/3/2023.