Jobs and Description
Participate in awareness raising activities
- The community mobilizer will conduct discussions, and role plays with women’s groups, community leaders, students and youth to educate and mobilize communities to appropriately prevent and respond to GBV occurring in the community.
- Community mobilizer will provide regular awareness sessions to women on gender based violence and support services to the targeted women.
- He/she will apprehend women in immediate need of protection and refer them for services at the women community centres.
- Community mobilizer will motivate community members and influential people to take actions that will decrease the occurrence of GBV in the community by helping members of the communities identify and prioritize specific GBV related issues happening in their community as well as identifying local solutions to resolve those issues.
- Community mobilizer will work with the rest of the GBV team to encourage women to speak up for their rights.
- Community mobilizer will gather community members for meetings and events.
- Support the project team in distribution of dignity kits to the targeted women
Networking and coordination
- To create network within the local communities and the displaced communities in camps.
- To build strong relationship with the international and local associations and with the agencies involved in Protection programs related issues.
- Attend case conference meetings and other camp meetings at the camp level
- Act as a key-worker and cooperate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Act as a communication link between the project management and camp implemented activities.
- To submit regular reports (verbal and written) concerning the ongoing activities of the social department.
- Fulfil any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & requirements:
- BA or equivalent in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Sexual Reproductive Health, or Gender related programs
- Experience in counseling, social work, women’s health, or other related field
- Clear understanding of and interest in the wellbeing of women and girls, and supporting their healing after the experience of violence
- Understanding of case management, psychosocial support and life skills programming to promote survivor healing and recovery
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting
- Strong ability to maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure circumstances.
- Knowledge and ability to speak the language of the local community preferred
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized.
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job.
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work.
All applicants must submit by Email ([email protected]), please mention (community mobilizer-Jazerat ALRamadi) in the subject of your email and you can include your CV . Closing date will be 8th June. 2023.