Harikar NGO is a neutral, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization established on 30th May 2004 by a group of social activists. Harikar NGO as stated in its mission statement strives toward the fulfillment of human and women rights in Dohuk Governorate as stipulated in the new Iraqi constitution of 15th October 2005. Harikar is committed to- within its resources- contribute towards the achievement of the internationally agreed Millennium Development Goals. Harikar believes in human rights, the right of every person to reach his/her potential without discrimination on the basis of race, gender, religion, social segment and ethnicity. Harikar strives to achieve social justice especially among the marginalized vulnerable groups and works towards eliminating all forms of discrimination against women by promoting their capacity to fully participate in community development. Harikar has been able to successfully carry out more than 80 projects, through funding from various partners including UNFPA, RRT/PRT, UNHCR, UNESCO Diakonia, UNDP, UNOPS, IRD, Mercy Corps, IRC, IRI, NDI, SCF-UK, Mission east, ICSP and others.
Harikar in coordination with CARE International in Iraq is providing humanitarian assistance to vulnerable populations affected by the conflict in Iraq that was brought to an end in 2017.
Harikar and CARE’s programme is aligned with the 2020 HRP and will improve access to lifesaving gender-sensitive WASH, Protection and SRHR activities to 64,434 conflict affected individuals (18,169 women, 14,701 girls, 16,924 men and 14,640 boys) living in Chamishku and Essyan IDP camps as well as returnees in Sinjar district, Ninawa governorate. The activities are designed to complement Harikar and CARE’s existing GAC-funded program while expanding our reach to support returnees in Sinjar.
Under the overall guidance of the Team Leader, the Community Mobilizer will conduct daily Hygiene Promotion or Protection or other WASH activities according to the plan that include tent visits, sessions, field visits, and events in Sinjar to ensure all project activities are completed according to plan, budget, and quality to ensure the proper response to WASH and Protection issues and bad hygiene practices for the affected population targeted by Harikar NGO and CARE International, WASH Interventions in Sinjar.
The position will uphold Harikar and CARE’s Core Values namely; Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, Excellence promote mission and vision, programme principles to enhance programme impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Objective 1: Project support;
- Promoting safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
- Help plan and carry out needs’ assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies and feedback findings to stakeholders.
- Help plan activities to reduce WASH-related risks.
- Collect data from Community Volunteers and the field to identify WASH conditions in the areas of intervention in Sinjar and report them to the Team Leader or WASH Officer.
- Daily conduction of Hygiene Promotion or Protection or other WASH activities according to the plan that include tent visits, sessions, field visits, and events.
- Conduct hygiene promotion using PHAST method.
- Contribute in planning and monitoring the distribution of water filters.
- Contribute in planning and monitoring the clean-up campaigns in Sinjar.
- Train and manage Community Volunteers. Also, participate in organizing WASH committee trainings.
- Take account of gender, protection, HIV, environment and other important cross-cutting WASH and Protection concerns in programme design, implementation and reporting; carry out activities in a way that reflects the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. the elderly, children, women, and people with disabilities.
Objective 2: Team Leader support;
- Support the Team Leader in carrying out the mapping exercise to ensure covering all areas of intervention in Sinjar.
- Support the Team Leader in the follow-up of HR, financial and logistics aspects of the project in Sinjar.
- Support the Team Leader and WASH Officer in designing, managing, and monitoring hygiene promotion and protection activities according to project indicators using results-based approaches and PHAST method as required.
- Support the Team Leader and WASH Officer in data collection, accurate record keeping and management of information to measure project indictors progress (Hygiene promotion and Protection) using required project activities tracking systems and keeping the MEAL required documents.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Team Leader.
Objective 3: Operation department (Procurement, Finance, HR, and MEAL) support;
- Prepare the attendance sheets, proposals and other required documents by operation related to the activities that he/she is in charge.
- Conduct activities in accordance with donor SOPs and any other key documents.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
Objective 4: Coordination;
- Liaise with community leaders and other agencies working inside the camps in order to make sure the coordination within the WASH and Protection sector and to well carry out hygiene promotion and protection activities among target groups.
- Coordinate with the Public Health Center to receive weekly reports to identify the trending hygiene practices and respond to them accordingly.
Required experience & skills:
University Degree in relevant field (Diploma degree with a good experience in a same position).
- At least 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in Projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (for reporting).
- Good communication skills including writing skills.
- Strong team work skills.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
Fluency in written and spoken Kurdish and Arabic, good in written and spoken English.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling Harikar NGO values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Harikar NGO
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
- Team work abilities, decision making, and cultural awareness.
- Strong initiative to new ideas, flexibility in adapting to changes, and creativity in responding to challenges.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to CARE International, Respectful and helpful relations with partner, project staff, local authorities, and the community.
- Commitment to the job and the organization.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
- Applicants should be from inside Sinjar, Ninawa governorate.
- All applications should be summited with a CV and a letter of application, detailing a brief description of why the applicant’s qualification and previous work history are suitable to the position.
- Applications should be placed in a sealed envelope, addressed to Harikar local NGO, indicating the applicant’s name, the post applied for, and should be delivered to the following address:
- Harikar Local NGO
- Nohadra Quarter, Jeen Street, 32/4, 1005, BA Dohuk.
- Duhok, Kurdistan, Iraq
- Phone Number: 07736971142
- Or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job Vacancy # (HD/ 27 ) and the position they are applying for (Community Mobilizer/Sinjar) in the subject line of the email
- The closing date for applications for the above vacancy IS THE 9/7/2020 at 03:30 pm. (LOCAL TIME).