Terms of Reference
Job Title: Community Mobilizer -Zumar
Contract Duration: 3 Months (renewable)
Duty Station: Zumar, Telafar, Nineveh
Brief description of the organization
Al Mesalla for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization established in 2004 registered in Baghdad and Erbil with headquarters located in Erbil. The organization is working at disseminating a culture of human rights and peace building in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region. The organization is currently working along 3 programs: A non-violence and peace building program developing peace capacities within the community; a women and Gender program empowering women to take an active role in the community and a Human Rights Program which focuses especially on enhancing freedom of expression. Since June 2014, Al Mesalla developed services to the growing refugee and displaced community settling in the Kurdish Region of Iraq by participating to distributing emergency support and establishing empowerment and livelihoods programs for displaced women in particular.
Transformative Justice is a project which is being implemented in West Mosul and West Ninewa by Al-Mesalla Organization and PAX for Peace to achieve objectives of Transformative Justice, Social Cohesion, Conflict Management, Human Rights, Gender-Related Solutions. The Community Mobilizers will work in coordination with the project coordinator, Local Focal Points (LFPs). The project will support Youth Groups’ Development and provide them sub-grants to implement relevant activities.
- Coordinate with West Mosul Local Focal Point to implement the project in effective and productive manner.
- Coordinate with youth groups, and facilitate their participation in the project.
- Coordinate with relevant stockholders and partners to lead the project in collaborative and smoothly manner.
- Facilitate dialogue and seminars on different topics such as development policies; protect human and environmental rights, equal opportunities between men and women.
- Build strong relationships with Iraqi institutions in order to enhance the communications channels between the Iraqi population and Iraqi institutions.
- Volunteer work when needed is a part of TOR
Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist the LPF to implement the project activities and training to ensure that meet with project plan through regular field visits and constant follow-up with the youth groups.
- Assist the LPF to prepare monthly plan and reports and promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Assist the LPF in data and information collection especially for monthly reports.
- Assist the LPF to in managing the Project Center in West Ninewa in coordination with Project Coordinator and Al-Mesalla’s Office Manager in Mosul.
- Responsible for implementing activities and trainings in collaboration with LFP.
- In collaboration with project staff work on selecting the trainings participants.
- Perform such other duties may be assigned.
- University degree preferably in relevant subjects (Law, Social Sciences, International Relations, etc.).
- Previous professional experience in NGOs is desirable.
- Have a sufficient knowledge of Gender-related humanitarian work and goals.
- Required excellent oral and written Arabic. English and Kurdish are desirable
- To be aware of the context of West Mosul situation.
- To have a good reputation in the community, and to engage with the community and follow up their requirements and problems.
- Previous experience in empowering capacity building and/or training programs for adults.
- Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives
- Previous experience working under pressure and/or in hardship duty station
- Team working skills and proactive attitude
- Excellent computer literacy skills
- Previous experience in advocacy and campaigning
- Previous experience in managing sub-grants
Al-Mesalla implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
NOTE:- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date will not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the urgency, Al -Mesala reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline
How TO APPLY
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Please submit your CV and a Cover letter as a PDF or WORD to (firstname.lastname@example.org), other formats rather than PDF or WORD will consider corrupted and will lead to neglect application.
subject : Community Mobilizer - Zummar