Terms of Reference
Consultancy Title: Community Mobilizers - Sinjar
Duty Station: Sinjar - Nineveh
Brief description of the organization
Al Mesalla for Human Resources Development is a non-governmental organization established in 2004 registered in Baghdad and Erbil with headquarters located in Erbil. The organization is working at disseminating a culture of human rights and peace building in Iraq and the Kurdistan Region. The organization is currently working along 3 programs: A non-violence and peace building program developing peace capacities within the community; a women and Gender program empowering women to take an active role in the community and a Human Rights Program which focuses especially on enhancing freedom of expression. Since June 2014, Al Mesalla developed services to the growing refugee and displaced community settling in the Kurdish Region of Iraq by participating to distributing emergency support and establishing empowerment and livelihoods programs for displaced women in particular.
The primary function of the Emergency community mobilizer, is to raise awareness of community members toward family protection, reproductive health, and ensure safe access of the vulnerable groups to access the services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
1. Awareness rising
· Family visits and tent to tend visit.
· Planning and conducting activities in special occasions.
· Submitting awareness lectures about GBV and reproductive health topics.
· Awareness rising for community about services provided.
· Leading and participating awareness rising campaign.
· Ensure maximum visibility of the agency amongst the UN and NGO community in Erbil.
· Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organization’s Code of Conduct.
· Represent the centres and NGO in general activities conducted by camp.
• At least primary school certificate
• Arabic and Kurdish language are required
• Experience in emergencies and conflict areas strongly preferred
• Relevant regional experience strongly preferred
• Familiarity with standards and guidelines for GBV programming and coordination
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
• Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
• Excellent decision-making skills
• Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Good ability in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel
Al-Mesalla is an Equal Opportunity Employer Al-Mesalla considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Interested applicants must send their CV (PDF or Word) to:- email@example.com with a subject: Community Mobilizers - Sinjar
NOTE:- Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after closing date will not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Due to the urgency, Al -Mesala reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline