Cordaid is a Dutch relief and development organization. With its Global Office in The Hague, Netherlands, Cordaid currently operates in fragile and (post-) conflict countries combining life saving humanitarian aid with the longer-term improvement of health Cordaid systems, economic opportunities and disaster resilience, and the promotion of security and justice. Cordaid’s position is to include women and youth as partners and leaders in the process of development, building peace and enhancing security within their community. Cordaid Iraq office has been established in Erbil since October 2015. In the aftermath of conflict within the region, we aim to deliver services in the field of health care, security and justice, agriculture, WASH and shelter. We also focus on the rehabilitation of basic infrastructure, as well as vocational training, livelihoods, protection mainstreaming and youth projects.
Responsible for assisting and supporting the administration of human resources in the country office and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in the planning and coordination of HR and Admin events and activities for staff.
• Archive all official documents including staff files in a secure manner and ensure all records are up to date .
• Assist the HR officer with the recruitment process.
• Follow up on submission staff time sheet and preparing salary slip monthly.
• Ensures the production of staff identification cards and timely renewals, and the retrieval when staff exit. Assist and follow up the timely processing of work and entry permits.
• Updates the HR Officer on any changes and regulations reviewed by the country specific government.
• Reports and provides specific organisational documents.
• Assists in supporting to follow Cordaid policies ,Code of Conduct and Integrity Policy.
• Maintains a good relationship with the country specific governmental body for immigration and interior. Provides liaison service on behalf of the Cordaid organization when needed.
• Follow up on office maintenance requirements furniture, equipment, office supplies, and other miscellaneous assets.
• Coordinate with logistics assistant about all travel and transportation-related needs, and requests.
• Respects the confidentiality of the administrative information.
• The HR & Admin Assistant will be required to travel (25%)to other governorates of Iraq as per needs of the mission.
• Any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding, and any suggested violation to Cordaid’s Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear, or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
• Specific diploma and or university degree in human resources, secretary, or administration.
• At least ( 2 ) years’ experience and exposure in the related field of activity (NGOs).
• Basic knowledge of administrative and human resources functions (Iraq labour law, Benefits, Recruitment, …etc,) secretarial work.
• Good Knowledge of MS office software including Word, Outlook, and Excellent in Excel.
• Behavioural values and skills: trust, accountability, problem solving, cooperation, flexibility, creativity, collaboration, planning & organizing.
• Social and interpersonal skills to build and maintain relations and ensure compliance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (required), Kurdish and Arabic.
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, with the contact details of three professional references to Job.MENA@cordaid.org, before the deadline which is Jun 21, 2021. Note: this position is pending donor approval. Note: Please include the “ CHA 2021 ” in the subject line of your email. Any email without the subject line will not be considered. for any information about Cordaid organization, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org