- Information about the job position
Name of position: Construction Site Engineer
Expected length of employment: Dec. 2019 to March.2020 with possibility of extension
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Anbar- Ramadi, Iraq
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization that operates abroad, in the context of humanitarian aid and development cooperation. It is a respected member of the international network Caritas Internationalis. Its foreign activities focus on the health and social sectors and also on developing livelihood for the local population and education of children and adults.
Under the supervision of the project coordinator for construction and cash for work, the construction site engineer is responsible for the implementation of technical programmes/interventions undertaken by CCR – WFP program, through construction of 6 box culverts and construction of concrete irrigation canals on the canals of irrigation in Ramadi –Anbar Governorate, matching with CCR’s quality criteria and strategy. The project officer is expected to present in daily basis in Ramadi sites.
He/she is responsible of his/her activity in terms of quality, respect of the targets, bill of quantities, respect of the budget and deadline.
- Project Implementation, Planning and Follow Up:
- Ensure that planned activities are successfully implemented according to CCR’s quality standards and SoPs;
- 90 % field wok in Ramadi sites of the project (daily trips) to supervise the progress of implementation and cooperate with local partner.
- 10 % office work: prepare BOQs, review program documents, reporting, meetings…etc.
- Prepare Bills of Quantities and Designs as required by programmes.
- Collaborate with local sub-contractor (s) to ensure timely and quality completion of the project activities
- Collaborate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to assess need, monitor activities, and evaluate programme progress.
- Provide input and regularly review all on-going programmes together with the field coordinator.
- Provide relevant technical expertise/guidance to ensure that technical quality and standards are maintained during project implementation;
- Report regularly to the field coordinator.
- Work proactively to ensure that the projects are responsive and relevant to community needs;
- Submit accurate and detailed reports on assistance provided to beneficiary and technical activities conducted;
- Assist in building positive relations with local authorities and external actors to grant access to beneficiaries;
- Project Support
- Support with surveying of beneficiaries and others when needed;
- Support with data analysis and reporting;
- Support in reporting through the FSC cluster reporting tools.
- To support in preparation of the monthly/weekly work plan schedules;
- Degree in Civil engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 years experiences in the structural engineering field.
- Experience wotking with INGOs is an advantage
- Very good knowledge of the local context of Ramadi in Anbar
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and motivational skills with program staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the district.
- S/he is committed to honesty and clarity in all data collection and expects the same from sub-contractor (s).
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and problem solve in a fast moving, multi-site environment;
- Demonstrate flexibility to work on unusual hours and cope with the pressure from emergency activities;
- Good speaking and writing in English and fluency in Arabic language skills are required.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following E-mail address:
The application must include a cover letter and CV.
The applications should be submitted the latest by 25.Nov.2019
As the subject of E-mail please insert exactly “Construction Site Engineer”
NOTICE: Only applications labelled correctly will be accepted for consideration. Only candidates selected to the next round will receive response from the representative of CCR. The selection procedure may be changed or cancelled anytime. CCR reserves the right of starting selection process before the mentioned deadline due to the urgency of the position.