Recycling Business Opportunity In Iraq, National consultant
Location: Erbil, with Travel across Iraq based on research requirements
Working Hours: 8 hours per day / 5 days per week
Reporting line: IRIL Manager
IRIL seeks to understand the challenges that Iraq is facing with regards to recycling, and the potential innovative solutions in field, mapping the existing actors that are currently working on this field, the resources needed, the legal framework, the capital needed for various types of recycling, and the business opportunities in this field in both urban and rural areas within the country.
Week 1: Inception phase
- Draft workplan and research methodology
- Draft technical materials outlines
- Inception workshop
- Final workplan and technical materials outlines
- Develop research outline
- Develop questionnaires, databases and interview questions.
- Commence data collection from relevant stakeholders
- Documenting of collected data in quantitative and qualitative manner
- Map existing entities that work on recycling across the country in both rural and urban settings
- Conduct in-country field visits
- Define the policies, legal framework and government procedures around the concept of recycling (From collecting to processing to distribution of recycled materials)
- Define types of recycling exiting in Iraq – types of recycling that can be introduced to Iraq within the legal framework and capacity of existing actors
- Define the business opportunities for local inventors / entrepreneurs
- Analyzing trends and behavioral patterns around the concept of recycling in Iraq
- Submit the draft final report
- Present the final report finding to the main stakeholders
Submit the final report
Required skills and competencies:
- Advanced university degree in, environmental science, research or relevant topics.
- Proven experience in producing reports on a national scale
- Excellent English and Arabic (reading, writing and speaking), Kurdish will be an asset
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- Ability to work with different stakeholders from different background
- Ability to travel across the country
Kindly note that the selection process will be on a rolling basis. Due to the urgency of the position, Oxfam has reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
For more details about this job, please visit the job advert using the below link:
External Web Site: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/14404/description
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply