Main purpose of the job:
Perform basic counselling and/or educational sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counselling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counselling activities and look after it,
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counsellors, preserving confidentiality
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/intervisions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counselling with supervisor
- Essential Counselling, social work, psychology or other similar degree/diploma
- Essential 1 year experience with MSF or Other International NGO.
- Preferable previous experience in similar position
- Essential Arabic, English desirable
- Strong communication skills (attentive listening, open attitude)
- Knowledge on transferring messages to the community
- Capacity to work in multidisciplinary team, flexible and creative
- Good stress management
Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file
(CV + motivation letter + references + ID card) to the email address:
Or in the CV box at the entrance of the Nablus Hospital.
Please indicate “Counsellor Educator” on the envelope or the subject of the Email.
We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
ENGLISH CV ONLY
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Your application will not be returned at any stage of the recruitment process.