Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF / Baghdad Covid-19 response team is seeking for: COUNSELOR EDUCATOR
Perform counseling and/or education sessions to patients infected by Covid (moderate to severe cases) and their caretakers, following different MSF medical and mental health protocols and procedures, in order to improve their quality of life during their hospitalization in IPD or ICU.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/intervisions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counselling with supervisor.
- Follow Infection Prevention Control measures and all the MSF protocols in the workplace.
- Ensure that all patient information is kept confidential (files, data)
• Counseling, social work, psychology or other similar degree/diploma
• 1 year experience essential. Experience with NGO desirable
• Local language essential. Mission language desirable(English & Arabic)
• Desired knowledge of the affected population
• Strong communication, organizational and social skills (attentive listening, open attitude, empathy, sensitivity)
• Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team
• Initiative, creativity and flexibility
• Capacity to adjustment to change
• Interest in helping vulnerable population
• Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
• Commitment to MSF Principles
How to apply:
Applicants must submit their CVs no later than the 5th of December 2021 to the following address:
stating the job title in the subject line: COUNSELOR EDUCATOR
We strongly encourage you to submit your application as early as possible
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED