The Country Director will ensure strong leadership of all members of the CAOFISR Iraq Country Team that builds team spirit, cohesion, motivation, commitment, quality performance and fulfillment of all agency functions. He/she is directly responsible for the overall strategic planning, program design and implementation, program support operations (security, HR, procurement, liaison), country-level external relations and coordination, finance and budget compliance, administration, monitoring and evaluation, staff supervision, and supervision of required reporting on grants. He/she will ensure that programs meet stated objectives, are in line with CAOFISR’s philosophy and strategy, meet the needs of beneficiaries, and are implemented to the highest standards, on time, and within budget. The CD is will lead in obtaining funding, and identifying and pursuing new program opportunities. The CD will continually assess, identify and address gaps and weaknesses so as to improve overall country program performance, efficiency, and effectiveness. The CD is the primary link between the country team and Regional Support Office or team (RSO) and Global Support Office (GSO). He/she will build and maintain a close, collaborative and responsive relationship and frequent communications with the Regional Director as his/her direct supervisor and key link to global support services.
Responsibilities of a Country Director:
- Program Planning, Development, and Resource Acquisition
- Lead the process of developing medium and long-range country strategic plans maintaining program focus in areas congruent with CAOFISR’s program objectives and core sectors and best responsive to the needs on the ground
- Pro-actively ensure effective ongoing direct communications and networking with stakeholders that produces actionable and timely business intelligence.
- In collaboration with Regional team and country staff, lead and ensure that preparation of funding proposals are of the highest quality and closely responsive to requirements
- Work closely with the teams at sub regional level to develop multi country strategies and programming
- Be involved in development of funding proposals and budgets
- Track funding and program trends to understand specific donor priorities and resources.
- Cultivate relationships with new donors.
- Actively identify and pro-actively pursue new opportunities for program growth and start-up, in coordination with relevant country, regional and GSO Program Development, and Program
- Coordinate efficiently with other organizations and keep updated on their activities to identify geographic or sector gaps and to map competitors.
- In close collaboration with regional management, participate in negotiation of contracts and agreements with donors, ensuring both programmatic and financial relevance
- Identify, and where appropriate, initiate and maintain program partnerships with external agencies.
- Supervise and plan assessments, field research, and data collection in support of program design
- In coordination with the Global Emergency Director, and as needed, lead all aspects emergency and disaster response, including internal and external inter-agency coordination at the country level, networking with donors and authorities, conducting emergency assessments, leading the design and drafting of proposals, and re-allocation of country staff and assets as appropriate.
- Has a master's degree or above in a development or humanitarian related program
- More than 7 years of experience in an equivalent position in the sector.
- Proven leadership skills and experience of managing multidisciplinary teams.
- Practical experience of applying development issues at a project or community level coupled with impact assessment and evaluation of poverty reduction and social change.
- Experience in the management of emergency response operations is a plus.
- Experience in cash programming and familiarity with refugee/migrants focused programming are a plus.
- Substantial experience in financial management, including financial projections, general financial management and reporting;
- Proven expertise of leading in fundraising, seeking and securing new donors;
- Successful proposal writing, management of large and complex grants;
- Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and grant/contract management and the implications for program management;
- Experience of working effectively as a team member with colleagues based outside the country;
- Proficient English language writing and verbal skills
- Familiarity with the context and Iraqi culture is a plus.
All applications must contain a cover letter and resume that will be sent to the email : email@example.com . Please title the email with the job position and name of the applicant.