Brief description of the organization
Yazda is a non-governmental, non-profit organization established in 2014 in response to the genocide committed by the self-declared Islamic State (“IS”) against the Yazidis and other communities in Iraq and Syria. Since its inception, Yazda has worked with local and international partners to provide Yazidi survivors, IDPs, and refugees with humanitarian, accountability, and advocacy services in their post-genocide recovery. Yazda has been working in Iraq since October 2014 and operates out of the main offices in Duhok in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and out of the Sinoni office in Sinjar in Nineveh Province. Yazda is registered as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the United States and is registered in Erbil, Baghdad, the United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, and Australia.
- Oversee the administration and implementation of currently funded programs, plan and prepare NCEs and budget realignments in coordination with the finance department and with project managers.
- Oversee the financial management of the in-country activity, including currently funded programs, in line with YAZDA financial management policy
- Oversee program reporting, ensuring compliance with our policies and procedures, donor regulations, and local laws
- Report regularly to the executive director and board with updates on project developments and expenditures
- Ensure the use of appropriate management methodologies to plan, organize, and control resources to achieve goals
- Manage field assets, including equipment and materials in coordination with the logistics team.
- Oversee the financial management of the NGO.
- Oversee the regular updating of financial reports for donors
- Lead the financial planning, cash requests, and cash flow, bank accounts management in coordination with the Finance manager
- Oversee the payment of local tax, the compiling of financial reports, and annual reports, and oversee audits and auditing reports
- Oversee the overall financial management of the NGO, including the allocation of expenses to overheads.
- Coordinate the accounts reconciliations with HQ
- Oversee the recruitment and selection of qualified program field staff, recommend promotions, disciplinary action, and termination of staff in consultation with supervisors
- Maintain open lines of communication with all staff
- Maintain teamwork and ensures a productive working environment for staff members
- Empower staff members to meet organizational goals and work as a highly functioning and cooperative team. Provide training opportunities for staff capacity building.
- Review on monthly basis the allocation of funds for core staff, according to resources available.
Representation, Communications, and Visibility
- Ensure that the strategy provided by the Board is communicated with donors and reflected in the type and quality of implementation.
- Provide leadership and representation of Yazda before all external partners and Authorities
- Assist leadership in expanding the country portfolio
- Assist leadership in identifying new sources of donor funding and maintain adequate donor funding levels to sustain the identified program and support activities
- Assist leadership in drafting and editing proposals for funding
Perform all tasks connected to the representation of the NGO, fundraising, project management, base management, and strategic implementation.
- Graduate level degree in relevant field
- 10+ years’ experience in humanitarian aid settings
- Ability to manage a team of 80+
- Experience in the Middle East
- Strong knowledge of financial management
- Experience working with major grants and international donors
Interested applicants must send their CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “JV14022- Country Director “
NOTE: Applications not meeting the specified minimum requirements or received after the closing date may not be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview that may include a written test of technical
NOTE: due to the urgency of the position, we might close the announcement prior to the mentioned deadline.