Human Appeal is a faith-based non-governmental and non-profit organisation that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
In 2016 Human Appeal established its mission in Iraq and has since grown at an impressive rate, with an operation which currently stands at approximately 500 staff, 5 offices and 7 warehouses, with numerous partnerships with UNHCR, UNOCHA, WFP, various governments and other INGOs.
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Country Director to be based in Erbil and successfully lead and continue to expand our mission in Iraq, where we have built an excellent reputation for our work delivering food security and livelihoods, shelter and NFIs, WASH and education programmes.
NB: This role will be paid at a competitive salary which is negotiable, depending on experience, between $5.5k to $6k per month. The role includes selected benefits dependent on experience, as well as an insurance package for expatriates, including life insurance, accident cover and emergency medical insurance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Country Director, Director of Programmes or Head of Missions to expand their portfolio of experience by leading a rapidly expanding operation with an impressive record of success and enviable international reputation!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY!
The Ideal Candidate:
· Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English, with an ability to communicate in Arabic would be beneficial
· At least 7 years of progressively responsible INGO work experience, including at least 3 years in a leadership role at Country Director or Head of Missions level
· Experience of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organization
· Proven leadership and management experience with a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting, including active mentoring and coaching
· Proven experience delivering appropriate levels of oversight of a portfolio consisting of a variety of complex, high-value donor-funded projects
· Strong understanding of programmatic themes, in particular protection; shelter and NFIs; food security and livelihoods
· Demonstrable understanding of the humanitarian-development Nexus
· Extensive representation and fundraising success, including prior experience with UN, European, US and international donors
· Experience of managing security in a complex and rapidly changing security context
· Proven ability to negotiate and work with partner organizations. Experience with organizational capacity strengthening and partnership building helpful
· Strong budget and fiscal oversight capacities
· Ability to respond to multiple priorities in a timely manner, producing high-quality outcomes
· A keen understanding of political complexities in the Middle East region
· Ability to work and live in a sometimes-insecure environment while maintaining a positive attitude
Send your CV to email@example.com with the email subject as '[your name] - Country Director Iraq'
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and may shortlist candidates before the closing date so for the best chance of success apply as soon as possible!