Terre des hommes Foundation – Helping children worldwide (Tdh), is the leading Swiss foundation for children’s aid, with its headquarters in Lausanne, and registered in Iraq with the No 2178598. Tdh aims to create a positive impact on children's lives in almost 40 countries around the world, through our Health, Access to Justice, Migration and Child Protection transversal programmes.
Tdh started its operations in Iraq in December 2014, responding to needs of children and youth between the age group of 9-22 years, affected by the ISIL -driven crisis of 2014-2017. Due to high unmet needs for children, youth, and their families affected by the crisis, Tdh scaled up its interventions to 12 districts within 5 governorates (Anbar, Kirkuk, Ninewa, Baghdad & Salah al-Din), providing emergency assistance in child protection, juvenile justice, education, and WASH.
In the long-term, through its Multi-year Country Strategy 2022 – 2024 and its long term Vision for the Country Programme, Tdh plans to reinforce and expand interventions due to the persistent overwhelming needs of children, youth and families through a NEXUS approach, responding to the protracted humanitarian needs while contributing to achieving durable solutions for the most vulnerable and at-risk population groups in the sectors of Child Protection, Education, WASH and Access to Justice for children, youth and women.
As of December 2021, with its 120 staff employees, Tdh is currently implementing a 7,5 Million CHF emergency, rehabilitation, and development program across the country through its bases and offices in Baghdad, Ninewa, Salah al-Din and Kirkuk governorates, working alongside and in collaboration with local partners and national authorities. The main donors are USG, UNOCHA, ECHO, SDC, GIZ, UNICEF. The main coordination office is in Erbil with a multi-cultural, very experienced, and highly motivated team providing support, technical expertise and ensuring accountability, while working closely with the collaborators in the regional office in Amman, Jordan and the Head Quarters (HQ) in Lausanne, Switzerland.
General description of the position:
The Country HR Manager will support the Admin Coordinator, she/he is in charge of the HR for the Tdh delegation, including :
· Participate in the management and implementation of HR policy in the mission by providing support to Admin Co
· Recruitment for national staff in the mission
· Ensure internal coordination & communication regarding HR matters
· Supervise the HR team in capital office
· Performance Management and Staff Capacity Building
· External relations
· Training & Development of National Staff
Ensure the respect of HR procedures and processes at mission level. Initiate discussions on improvements to be made in his/her field. Participate in the development of new tools in his/her field of activity.
The incumbent will conduct his or her duties in accordance with the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy.
Terre des hommes expects its personnel to behave in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and upholds in all circumstances the interests of the organization.
Tdh intervenes without any affiliation to politics, religion or financial profit. The incumbent will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
Main responsibilities :
Country HR Manager is responsible for ;
1. Management and implementation of HR Policies
· To ensure HR policies (recuitement, disciplinary, training, staff regulation, performance appraisal, per diem, remuneration) are implented and effectively working in all bases.
· Providing support to ADMIN CO on social benefits reforms.
· Providing updates to ADMIN CO on tax legislations and social security from the relevant ministry.
· Support ADMIN CO in dealing with the legal consultant on HR matter and liaise with the consultant regularly.
· Support the ADMIN Co in the disciplinary process follow up.
2. Recruitment of national staff in the mission
· Ensuring recruitment procedures are implemented according to Tdh recruitment guidelines for the national staff in the bases and capital office.
· Provide the monthly manpower planning sheet to cover the expected recruitments across the mission by receiving monthly updates from the teams in field.
· Provide support in field for the mass recruitments with field visits.
HR database and Payroll
· Monitor Homer software, training and ensure the data are updated.
· Process payroll consolidation and coordinate with finance department.
· Ensuring remuneration policy is implemented according to Tdh guidelines for national staff.
· Contribute to the remuneration policy update when necessary.
· Management of the health insurance package.
Ensure internal coordination & communication regarding HR matters
· Ensure effective and efficient internal communication (staff communication / memos / meetings / announcements) with approval of ADMIN CO and Country representative.
· Coordinate HR issues between bases: staff movement, staff greviance handling with support of ADMIN CO.
· Participate to the HR budget elaboration in accordance with the HR strategy department (setup, training, team building).
· Follow up the archiving process of HR folders.
· Ensure the communication with HQ when needed and upon request.
· Participate and ensure the respect of the HR visit plan to the various offices.
· Participate to base coordination meeting upon request.
Supervise the HR team:
· Manage the HR team
· Provide technical support to the HR staff for any HR issues.
· Establish work plan for the team.
· Delegate the activities and do the follow-up.
· Provide support and trainings to the field teams according to the needs, including field visits with support of ADMIN CO.
· Ensure regular HR team meeting at the delegation level.
Performance Management and Capacity Building for national staff
· Lead on the annual performance appraisals for national staff.
· With support of ADMIN CO, provide trainings/refreshers to managers/supervisors on annual appraisals.
· Provide key support in analysing the training needs of the national staff and finalisation of mission training plan for the national staff.
· Manage the new staff briefings/inductions for both national and international staff.
· Develop relations with local administrative authorities at the national level in the field of HR and new procedures (Labour Office &Tax office & Social Security).
· Represent ADMIN CO on various forums, when and where required.
Note: In the absence of the ADMIN coordinator, the Country HR Manager can replace him/her for certain coordination activities. These activities will be defined by the HR coordinator for a temporary absence if the post is vacant, with due respect for the functions of other HR staff.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
University degree in a HR or advanced level diploma in HR or public relations
At least 5 years of HR experience, with 3 years’ in a similar position.
Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office,).
Previous experience with HOMER software is mandatory.
Previous experience with an INGO is mandatory.
Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated.
Hands on knowledge of Iraqi Labor Law at both GoI and KRI
Required qualities: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills.
Desirable: proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context.
Fluent in English and Arabic (written and spoken), Kurdish and any other local languages are an asset.
Interested candidates can apply by filling the form through the
Please note this advertisement is on rolling basis and if the position been filled before the announced deadline the vacancy will be closed
Best of Luck !