Founded in 2003, Women Rehabilitation Organization (WRO) is a non-profit, non-government and independent national organization dedicated to working towards the protection and advancement of women’s and child rights and the engagement of men through service provision for all members of societies across Iraq and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). WRO supports the needs of Syrian refugee, Iraqi IDP, and Kurdish women, men, and children in prevention and response to sexual/gender based violence (SGBV) and increasing their access to quality economic, protection, food, health, education, shelter and legal services. Furthermore, WRO’s work aims to increase the social, political, economic participation of women in all aspects of society though capacity development projects that promote the economic and political participation of women.
WRO has over a fifteen year history of collaborative work at the national, regional and international level working with organizations such as the UNHCR, UNIDO, UNOPS, UNFPA, IRC, the Global Fund, WVI, Women for Women International, Global Medic, German Government, ASODH, UN Women, WFWI, Japan Government, DRC, NDI, LWF, IRI, German Government, Global Affairs Canada, US Embassy regional reconstruction and Provincial teams and the Iraqi Civil Society Program Organization. WRO has delivered over 45 projects focused on psychological MHPSS and physical health, formal and non-formal education, capacity building, protection, wash, legal, advocacy, livelihoods, political and economic participation, voter and democratic awareness, stabilization and reconstruction. WROs efforts have shed light locally and internationally through awareness raising and advocacy on many important issues such as mainstreaming gender based violence GBV across all sectors, sexual violence in conflict SVC, and other issued related to marginalized groups rights in Iraq through initiatives that directly impact tens of thousands of families each year. In partnership with UN agencies, international organizations and governmental bodies, WRO has been able to meet the needs of Syrian refugee, IDP, host communities by providing them with lifesaving services and developmental support services. WRO supports women, men, and children in communities across Iraq to reclaim their lives and start anew with hope and dignity in camp, urban, and rural settings.
Position: CP Officer
Location: Erbil - KRG with travelling to Mosul
Purpose of the Job
The Nineveh field coordinator shall be an integral member of the project team responsible to support of delivering building development of varying size and complexity in the one static center in Mosul, Nineveh governorate under the direction of the project manager & Sr. program manager.
- Assist the project manager with the determination of project requirements in Nineveh static center.
- Liaison with individuals and external institutions like NGOs, INGOs, and governmental entities in Mosul and Nineveh governorate. .
- Present at the coordination meetings, working group meetings, etc. in Mosul and Nineveh governorate areas.
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed in the static center in Nineveh
- Assist the project manager by ensuring project plans and activities are met in time.
- Prepare internal reports detailing the progress, all attitudes, issues, of the work in the static center.
- Liaise and coordinate for conducting referral services internally and externally along in Nineveh along the project manager.
- Ensure a strong liaison between all project sections and the facilitators personnel in the static center.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the beneficiaries and project teams.
- Keep the project manager and others informed about project statues in Nineveh and of any issues that may impact the project activities.
- Monitor and track project progress in Nineveh and handle any issues that arise.
- Monitor working hours of the working staff in Nineveh and performance.
- Expand the networks with all working agencies in Nineveh
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- 2 years of coordination experiences in I/NGOs is required
- Bachelor degree in communication, management, computer science is preferred/ a master degree is an advantage.
- Fluent in Arabic, Kurdish, and English languages.
- Ability to set coordination methods and pathways.
- Aware of GBV and Child protection issues and concepts.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate and manage a working team.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit CV and cover letter including earliest available start date and salary expectations to: email@example.com Subject Line: CP Officer -Your Name. Please note applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Thank you very much for your interest, as we are not able to reply to all applications, if your profile meets our needs we will keep in on file for future opportunities. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in due time.