Overall job purposes:
Reporting to his/her immediate superior, the Data Clerk serves as a focal point for consolidation, ensure SoV, and supply of data to MEAL Officer. He/she helps develop assessment plans and adapt assessment tools in compliance with Tdh’s approaches and methods.
Put together all data from various paper based sources into excel tracking templates or other database soft on a daily basis. The Data input clerk will be responsible for ensuring the accurate recording of this data and producing reports as required. Supply the MEAL Officer with regular updates and other team members upon request.
- Insert data by inputting text based and numerical information from source documents.
- Compile, verify accuracy and sort information to prepare source data for data entry
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities and checking output
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Apply data program techniques and procedures
- Generate reports, store completed work in designated locations and perform backup operations
- Locate and correct data entry errors, on reports
- Documentation and share with key stake holder
- Produce monthly reports from the data entered
- Develop automation of data reports
- Scan documents and print files, when necessary
- Keep information confidential
- Respond to queries for information and access relevant files
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Cross check SoV (Source of Verifications) are in place.
The post holder is polite, respectful, honest, punctual (and respects deadlines), creative, proactive, committed and – during office hours, and when representing Tdh – non-political. S/he is in constant exchange with colleagues and supervisors, communicates problems and enriches discussions. S/he treats people of different religion, age, sex, and economic status appropriate and equally and actively ensures their wellbeing and raises his/her voice when required. S/he is willing to improve own capacities and is open for all topics Tdh is working on to actively contribute to a comprehensive programme implementation.
S/he uses Tdh equipment, vehicles and premises, internet and electricity economically and responsibly. S/he positively represents Tdh to beneficiaries, stake holders and the general public.
Abuse Prevention Policy (CSP) - Operational Risk Management
The post holder complies with the Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety Policy and Anti-Fraud and Corruption Policy.
S/he reports any breach observed in the framework of this policy during his/her professional activities both as regards the proven or suspected offence and a preventive breach.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences, or similar computing Degree or relevant experience in this position.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Certification Required).
- Minimum of 1 year experience related Database implementation with NGO or INGO.
- Experience in data analysis is essential.
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Good reporting skills.
- The ability to work as a team and co-dependently.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills
- The ability to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
Application process and deadline:
Application should contain the following two attachments:
- Cover letter (Word or PDF) addressed to Tdh and earliest date of availability, scan of supporting documents (identity cards, diplomas).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two up to date and recent references required.
Candidates may apply by mail, sent to:
Please add the Ref in the heading: Data Clerk
The deadline is 09/07/2020, by 5.00 pm. Only short-listed applications will subsequently be called for interview. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The short listed candidates will have to travel at their own expense to the place of recruitment. No compensation whatsoever will be given for transport or other.
Recruitment procedure follows the Terre des hommes Child Safeguarding Policy. Tdh is an equal opportunity organization.