The Iraqi Al-Amal Association is seeking the services of a skilled trainer and facilitator as part of its work on the Shared Future initiative, a USAID project designed to promote social cohesion and to prepare youth for productive livelihoods in five communities in the Ninewa Plains. The Data Collection Specialist will be responsible for developing and delivering a three-day training workshop that will be delivered to participants in the Shared Future Youth Livelihoods Program. The workshop should be designed to enable youth to develop marketable skills and techniques in gathering data, administering surveys, entering data on tablets or other electronic devices, conducting interviews, and communicating progress and results. There are I/NGOs in the region hiring data collection specialists, and the training should help prepare youth to compete for jobs/internships as data collection specialists. The training should be practical and hands-on, encouraging active participation by the young people.
The Data Specialist should have extensive training experience, including of training youth, and expertise/experience in the data collection field.
The deliverables will include:
- Develop a detailed agenda for the three-day training workshop for Shared Future graduates (70 youth) and Shared Future students (100 - 150 youth). Revise and finalize the agenda based on input from IAA/partner organizations.
- Develop a facilitation guide and training materials (i.e. PowerPoint presentations) for trainers and a learning manual and other instructional resources that will be shared with youth. All materials should be relevant to the context and appropriate for the young people participating the training. Youth should have an opportunity to practice data collection, data entry, and interviewing as part of the training exercises. The training should share best practices, include practical examples of surveys and data collection projects that have taken place in the Ninewa Plains, and discuss typical challenges that data collections face in the field.
- Develop an assessment tool to be administered before, and after, the training to determine the level of knowledge and skills acquisition by the youth. Submit draft assessment tool and finalize based on input from IAA/partner organizations.
- Conduct a two to three-day Training of Trainer (TOT) for approximately 10-12 IAA staff, so that the IAA teams are well prepared to facilitate the training to the youth.
- Accompany IAA trainers during the first implementation of the three-day training to monitor the facilitation, answer questions from trainers and participants, and provide recommendations for improving the training in the future.
Deliverables (rough timeline follows; exact timeline to be developed with consultant and IAA):
- Submit draft detailed agenda by November 13. Submit final agenda by November 18.
- Submit draft detailed facilitation guide, learning manual, and other agreed resources by December 4. Submit final copies by December 11.
- Develop draft assessment tool by November 30. Submit final tool by December 4.
- Facilitate two to three-day Training of Trainers in Bartella in December 2019.
- Accompany IAA trainers during the implementation of the first training in Bartella in January 2020.
- Provide summary report of observations and recommendations within 10 days of the first training.
individuals interested in submitting a proposal for this Scope of Services should send their proposal, CV and related experience, and proposed budget at firstname.lastname@example.org.