The deputy Medical Coordinator will work closely with the medical coordinator and the field medical managers to ensure the implementation of health activities and to support the delivery of quality primary health care services
The deputy Medical Coordinator will work closely with the medical coordinator and the field medical managers, under the supervision of the medical Coordinator.
- Programs: He/She ensures proper assessment, implementation and monitoring of health program(s), in close coordination with the medical managers and the medical coordinator. He/She have to follow and analyze epidemiological data and risks.
- Human Resources: He/She provides the support to the Medical Coordinator in managing the country health program . He/She will supervise and train the health program team in the different MdM Bases and sub-bases in the country.
- Logistics and Administration: He/She ensures compliance of activities falling under his/her responsibility with logistical and administrative procedures.
- Representation: He/She will work closely with the medical coordinator to represents the association with partners, authorities and local actors involved in the implementation of medical projects.
- Monitoring: He will ensure proper reporting pathways from the different program sites, analysis the data and ensure the consistency of the intervention with the general logical framework.
- Strategy: He/She contributes to the development of new interventions based on identified needs.
Specific objectives and linked activities
- ENSURE IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING OF MEDICAL PROGRAM/S
- He/She supports technically the medical managers at the basis in designing, planning and implementation of the project’s activities.
- He/She work closely with the medical coordinator to review the training material and to ensure that the scientific content of the different tools comply with the national guidelines.
- He/She plans activities and ensures respect of project timeline. In the event of serious delays in project implementation, he/she immediately informs his/her supervisor and proposes solutions to remedy the situation.
- He/She works in close collaboration with the Medical Coordinator on the health strategy for projects, the quality of activities, the technical choices to be made, and reporting obligations.
- He/She ensures the proper functioning of health programs falling under his/her responsibility and ensures compliance with goals defined in the project proposal/s. Notably, he/she tracks the performance indicators defined, signals any difficulties encountered in project implementation, and proposes improvements or reorganization as needed.
- He/She ensures follow-up and analysis of epidemiological data with the support of Medical managers, and reports to the Medical Co.
- He/She undertakes needs assessments of medical equipment, medications and medical consumables in relation to programs.
- He/She ensures the implementation of monitoring and/ or evaluations, according to the defined needs of the project/s. He/She undertakes analyses and transmits the data collected to the Medical Coordinator. Depending on the needs of the projects and/or the data collected, he/she produces and disseminates reports of the monitoring and evaluation exercises to the relevant people.
- He/She ensures proper archiving of all the documents, tools and training materials produced in the context of project/s and ensures the availability of the verification sources mentioned in the proposals.
- He/She review the internal, external reports, in collaboration with the Medical managers and the Medical Coordinator while making sure to meet the internal deadlines for endorsement (Situation Report) and the external contractual deadlines (project reports).
- He/She must guarantee the appropriateness of programs and their respect for the health policy and framework of operations of MDM. He/she submits any requests for advancement into new medical activities to the Field Coordinator and to the Medical Co.
- TECHNICAL SUPERVISION AND SUPPORT THE MEDICAL MANAGERS
- He/She ensures that the Internal Rules of Procedure of MDM for the mission are known and respected by the team.
- He/She develops coordination mechanisms specific to the team and ensures proper supervision.
- He/She identifies the training needs of the team and addresses them (organizational and medical support, methodology, organization of training sessions…) in close collaboration with the Medical coordinator and field coordinators.
- He/She supports the planning, the design and the implementation of the different activities and ensures their consistency and compliance with the health policy and framework of operation of MdM.
- ENSURE LOGISTICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR MEDICAL PROGRAMS
- He/she ensures, appropriate storage standards of medications, medical consumables or equipment specific to his/her programs are respected.
- He/She ensures that the monthly budget tracking of the program(s) is up-to-date, participates in analyses, detects possible anomalies, and proposes adjustments.
- ENSURE THE REPRESENTATION OF MDM TO OTHER ACTORS
- He/She represents the association, and ensures that good relations are maintained with stakeholders, (consistent with the principles of neutrality and independence of MDM), local authorities, DoH, and other NGOs.
- In agreement with the medical Coordinator, he/she attends coordination meetings on relevant medical matters when they take place and participates actively.
- CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPOMENT OF NEW PROPOSALS
- He/She participates in identifying health-related needs in coordination with the Medical Coordinator
- In the context of identifying new operations, he/she contributes to the preparation of project proposals for the Health sector.
- He/She participates in the strategy development of the mission.
Under the supervision of the medical Coordinator
External: Health stakeholders in the area, national authorities, Health clusters, working groups, etc
Direct management: Pharmacist
Indirect management: medical managers.
Place of work: Erbil, with regular trips to Baghdad and to program sites (Kirkuk, Dohuk and Sinjar)
Skills required :
- Bachelor degree in Medicine or Master degree in Public Health.
- 2 years’ experience on Health project management, monitoring and evaluation
- Team management experience
- Experience with primary health care and reproductive health programs
- Good negotiations skills
- Capacity to work in a constant changing environment with good standards
- Capacity to create relationships with the communities structures (community leaders and volunteers)
Personal skills required:
- Arabic and English speaking is essential
- Strong stress management capacity
- Patience, Flexibility
- Reactivity and capacity to changing requirements
- Organisational skills,
- Ability to synthesize
- Listening and diplomacy skills
- Good writing and communication skills inside the team and from widely-varied organizations and agencies
- Team spirit
Submit CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the subject:
LAST SUBMISSION DATE ON 1st of July 2019
Only Short-Listed Applicants Will Be Contacted and Only Applications Received Until This Date Will Be Taken Into Account
Reviewing the application CVs will be on rolling basis, as such; MdM reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the job advertisement.