Main tasks of the role:
- Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information and deciding the type of anesthetics to be used, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Carry-out all anesthesia related activities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anesthesia.
- Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
- Administering and maintaining anesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Monitoring patients throughout the intervention.
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and full recovery of the patient’s consciousness and setting analgesic protocol
- Advise on Postoperative care in both recovery and post-operative wards with the surgeon, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care and chest physiotherapy and mobilization, with special focus on patient’s pain relief during the recovering process.
- Implement and supervise hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery, anesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) to ensure the safety and protection of patients and staff.
- Supervise the OT pharmacy (drugs orders, inventories, expired drugs) and ensure OT register, consumptions, empty phials of narcotics, ensuring adequate stock is maintained..
- Ensure good functioning and maintenance of OT equipment (oxygen extractor, ventilation, equipment, etc)
- Organize the tasks of personnel under his/her responsibility, and participate and carry-out other team management activities (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, motivation, internal/external communication, etc.), in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills.
- Ensure proper fulfillment of administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, data base, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
- Essential Doctor Anaesthetist diploma
- Essential working experience of at least two years in Doctor Anaesthetist activities related jobs with strong experience in obstetrical anaesthesia
- At least 1 year experience Mandatory as “internship“ with DoH
- Desirable previous working experience with MSF or other NGO’s
- Essential fluency in Arabic and high level English
- For applicants with foreign certificates, Iraqi recognised state-diploma is required.
- For applicants registered under DOH Ninewa, a non-objection letter should be provided only if the staff is selected.
Please send cover letter & CV, Diploma & DoH Card to
or hand in your cover letter and CV in the CV box located in Nablus Hospital
Please put “Doctor Anaesthetist (Pool)” on the application.
Please do not hand in any CVs produced in shops. They will not be considered.
Handwritten CVs and cover letters are acceptable.
Only DOH staffs under DOH Ninewa and from Ninewa governorate are allowed to work in Nablus Hospital.
In all CVS you need to clearly state your experience by writing the organisation you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and description of the job you performed.
We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
The deadline for application is 05.06.2020
English CVs only - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process.